Multiple notifications / reminders for appointments on calendar?

DianeDennis

Reaction score
Hi!

I just received my DNA a few days ago and something I'm having trouble with is multiple notifications for appointments on the calendar. :\

All I know about the calendar is that it's the one that came with the phone.

I like to have several / multiple notifications e.g. 24 hours, 4 hours, 2 hours, 1 hour, 45 minutes, etc.

But I can't seem to set more than one notification. And with that one notification when I hit "snooze" it doesn't snooze for very long.

How do I set it up for multiple notifications and/or how do I make it snooze for however long I want it to snooze e.g. when it reminds me 24 hours in advance I'd like to snooze it for 20 hours, then when it notifies me again in 20 hours (4 hours before the appointment) then I'd like to snooze it for 2 hours, then next snooze I'd like to do 1 hour, then next snooze 45 minutes, etc.

Of course the easiest way would be to be able to set multiple reminders for each appointment.

Is that doable?

Thank you so much!! :)

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Very doable, just not with the snooze for x amount of hours. You will need to acknowledge each reminder so it doesn't come back in five or ten minutes. In the "add event" portion of the calendar you should see where you can set the reminders. Just below that it says "add reminder". Tap on that and add as many reminders as you want. Depending on exactly what calendar app you are using there may just be a + sign below the reminder line. Good luck!

OP
D

DianeDennis

Reaction score
Thank you so much Droid Firefighter! I will try it and see what happens! :)

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Friendly tip when entering Calendar Events. When you select the menu button =>New Event, at the top of the entry screen, select the little drop down menu and change to using your Gmail account. This allows Gmail to back up your calendar. If you don't, then it's on the phone, and you will lose all your calendar entries if your phone crashes or when your reset your phone. I don't activate Verizon's Backup Assistant when I set up my phone, so I have no second selection. Gmail backs both my contacts and calendar. I also use Jorte calendar from Playstore, which lets you default to Gmail backup when installed.