multiple launcher pro backups/setups

turdbogls

Reaction score
not sure if this was the right spot or not so feel free to move it mods.

but basically i was wondering if there was a way to get a few different backups for launcher pro. i have my usual setup, then i have a sense like setup for it which i would use once in a while if it was just a few clicks (now it takes me changing dock, doing clear icons, and moving some icons up to the actual screen....it takes some time.)

but i would like to be able to just save preferences and settings for a coulpe different "themes".

anyone know if this is possible short of re-naming the backup files every time i want to change?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just found a solution for this. When you create a backup using lp it saves to a folder in your sd called launcherpro_backup

If you want to save multiple backups just change the name of that folder to let's say sense.launcherpro_backup

You can save as many as you'd like as long as you change the name of the folder before creating a new backup. When you are ready to restore a different backup, find the back up on your sd and change the folders name back to "launcherpro_backup" (also make sure it is the only folder with that name and that it is on the base of the sd card) and then go into preferences and restore backup.

Hope this helps, let me know if I was unclear.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good thread guys!! I've been using Launcher Pro since it first came out and use their backups. I never even thought of doing this and since I switch roms/themes frequently, I can now have a backup of for each theme!! Great.

Spaz, I'll give credit when I suggest this in the future.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good thread guys!! I've been using Launcher Pro since it first came out and use their backups. I never even thought of doing this and since I switch roms/themes frequently, I can now have a backup of for each theme!! Great.

Spaz, I'll give credit when I suggest this in the future.

And I thank you sir

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App