Is there an app similar to Launcher Pro that retains the Sense UI look?

Daethian

Reaction score
I love that Launcher pro lets me back up my homescreen settings and icons but I want to keep the look of Sense. Resetting all my screens every time I change ROMs gets really tedious. Anyone know of an app that has the backup/restore features of Launcher pro but still looks like Sense?

crushalot

Reaction score
I use Titanium Backup to do that. It can backup and restore your Sense settings and home screens.

OP
Daethian

Daethian

Reaction score
it can?? Is this new?? Good grief... I need to pay more attention to app updates obviously.

crushalot

Reaction score
it can?? Is this new?? Good grief... I need to pay more attention to app updates obviously.

I don't think it is new. I have been using that tool and switching ROMS's since April with no issues.
I couldn't find it the backup list when I just tried to look now, so it must be included with some other package backup. System settings I think.

My home screen and app links and live wallpaper go back without issues, but I do have to re-setup my widgets.

Good luck.

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
i could be wrong but if you are rooted then just restoring your data from a nand backup should do the same thing? and it also needs widgets reinstalled. i have done this before and it works. but i do believe ( i could be wrong though?) that you will run into problem if you restore your froyo data on a gingerbread rom. but i could be wrong about everything. but i do kn ow you can restore just the data and i have done that.

good luck and maybe someone more experienced will chime in

SquintyOS

Reaction score
Been using titanium backup since 2010 with the original DROID and still use it even after upgrading three times. I believe you can do this with adw as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
TB doesn't restore widgets on home screens. The nandroid backup would be useless if you are trying out a ROM that you haven't used before.

Sent by my Bolt powered by Thunder

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score

TB is a must have app if you are rooted. The best part is that you can have the most essential features with the free version. What's cool is if you update a app and don't like how it functions, as long as you have a saved previous version of the available, you can just restore that app.

Sent by my Bolt powered by Thunder