Multiple Google Accounts

ELH

Reaction score
This is probably not DX2 relevant but I'm posting it here anyway.

I have several email accounts tied to my DX2, one Cox and two Gmail. One Gmail is an employer account via Google Apps, the other is private and was used to initially setup the phone.

Recently I began receiving duplicate market updates from both Google accounts. After inspection I realized that my employer Gmail account had picked up my phone and was maintaining a separate set of applications and app backup data.

I attempted to separate these to no avail, it appears that Google mingles all Gmail accounts regardless of source.

This would not pose an issue other than the fact that one of these accounts is employer based and they now have visibility into my mobile device.

This appears to be a security concern and I would like to research it further, if anyone can enlighten me or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it...

Thanks.

tommyg562000

Reaction score
I too have recently noticed the same thing happened on my phone. unfortunately, I haven't found a fix either :( My friend is also having the same issue, but he has the original droid x.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
E

ELH

Reaction score
Sure this has nothing to do with the phone, but the Google implementation. If Google is mingling personal and employer accounts then this is a serious issue...

razingkane

Reaction score
I've started having the same problem. Two Gmail accounts...work and personal. A couple of weeks ago they were separate. Now my Google Talk is using my personal account to state whether I'm available on my business account. Updates to my personal account are showing up in my business.

OP
E

ELH

Reaction score
Then this is a serious security flaw with Google's implementation. And of concern to anyone using Google related employment accounts.

There must be other discussion or research on this. Where do we find it?