Multiple Droid 2 Global problems.

Masontc

Reaction score
Ive had the Droid 2 Global phone for about a year now. Problems keep arising without being fixed. Here are a few of the issues that have occured recently:

-Extremely Laggy- I dont even have that much stuff on my phone, other than a couple apps and pictures. When unlckong it, it is extremely slow and sometimes freezes.

-Opening apps is tiresome- taking 15 seconds or more to open if the phone doesnt shut doen without warning first.

-When texting- Just recently, when texting the first word in a message, the phone and keyboard freeze. The slide-out keyboard is unresponsive , and the touch-keyboard will dissapear after each word I type. When I would type certain letters on the slide-out keyboard, it would take me to random apps.

-When calling- The phone will freeze frequenty. If not, it takes about a minute to start ringing after clicking the "call" button.

Has anyone experienced these issues aswell? If you have, have you any corrective solutions for them? This isnt a phone anymore... Im especially dissapointed becauseits a Droid.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Clear keyboard cache and reboot to fix keyboard issues. I have no experience with the others.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

Benton

Reaction score
The text entry issue is a known problem that is remedied by clearing the keyboard cache as described above, the other issues sound like an app or apps causing a hiccup with lagging response, etc. Check what is active and see if closing or even removing some of the active apps helps.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Are you rooted? Sounds like clearing the system caches will remedy your problems, since they all seem to be performance related. If you aren't rooted and have no desire to, simple boot into the stock recovery ( I believe you hold both volume up and down while holding power to turn the phone on), use the keyboard search button to get to the menu, use the hardware up/down buttons to choose delete cache and use the camera button to confirm

If this doesn't fix at least one/some of your issues, try a factory data reset. Be sure to back up any contacts and personal data stored to the internal storage before a factory reset though, as it puts the phone back to an 'out of the box' state.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
gingerbread stock recovery is x + power then volume buttons
try wipe cache, if that doesn't fix, wipe data

if you are rooted you can fix permissions with rom toolbox/manager and clockwork mod

if still not working you can SBF with ezSBF or RSD lite

nomadsix

Reaction score
Very dissatsified with the Driod II global overall. I'd buy an IPHONE next. All the same problems everyone else mentions, and it appears that motorola and verizon could care less. Verizon told me it's not their problem, they just sell the service. And either company should be sending us texts about these simple fixes to ridiculous problems, (like the keyboards locking up each time we type a ".") Obviously motorola doesn't care about it's customers or stand behind its product.

Thanks to whoever posted the fix to the keyboard locking up by clearing the cache.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
I've been happy, with mine
Very few problems, mostly user error

Sent from my DROID 2G w/4.5.608 using Droid Forum app

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Had zero issues with mine, neither on Froyo CM7 nor on stock Gingerbread. Although I'm a “power user”, and I use a lot of different applications on my device. I'm still using the same /data partition I had in June on stock 2.4.330, and never had to “start from scratch”.

I'm probably doing something really, really wrong, I guess.

cricketson007

Reaction score
I use the swift key x keyboard, never had a problem with it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Benton

Reaction score
Nomad: be careful about the Iphone, I heard the hardware keyboard on that one is unresponsive no matter what key you try to push :happy3:

Kyoko

Reaction score
Had zero issues with mine, neither on Froyo CM7 nor on stock Gingerbread. Although I'm a “power user”, and I use a lot of different applications on my device. I'm still using the same /data partition I had in June on stock 2.4.330, and never had to “start from scratch”.

I'm probably doing something really, really wrong, I guess.

I really like my phone but I have had issues as well. They include: no sound after using headphones (fix by plugging and unplugging headphones); key board freeze after hitting space bar (fix by clearing cache); caller unable to hear when I answer phone call and me not hearing caller (fix shutting off phone and turning back on) and finally the phone turning itself back ON when I turn it off (fix unknown sigh)

I would get another Droid, I know all devices have quirks, but when your phone is misbehaving, its trouble some. You want fixes and commiseration not snarky responses like "I'm probably doing something really, really wrong, I guess" or "user error." That's just mean.