Droid 2 Global screen orientation?

zsnowangel

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a question about the screen orientation on my D2G when the keyboard is closed.

How do I get it to stay long instead of tall? Right now I have to slide open the keyboard to see the screen the long way. I would like it to always stay the long way when the phone is held that way.

I've tried both enabling/disabling the orientation from the main settings menu but no dice.

Thanks!

-Emily

wilboy

Reaction score
Just stay on landscape position,but there's no lock for that not like the BBerry.Dunno if they have an app. on the Market...

OP
zsnowangel

zsnowangel

Reaction score
Just stay on landscape position,but there's no lock for that not like the BBerry.Dunno if they have an app. on the Market...

That's the problem, it will only go into landscape orientation with the keyboard out. Is there a fix/app for this?

manoman

Reaction score
I know what you're saying, cause I hated that too! I don't remember the exact setting, but go to the home screen, hit the menu button, and go to settings. There is an option somewhere to lock / unlock "Screen Orientation." It's locked by default, meaning screen will be in 'long' mode only when the keyboard is out, and 'tall' when the keyboard is pushed back in.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
:/ how about you learn which way is up, and which way is down, because the accelerometer knows this perfectly well.

Dont expect to have auto-rotate enabled and keep you orientation when you decide to hold the thing at odd angles.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

OP
zsnowangel

zsnowangel

Reaction score
:/ how about you learn which way is up, and which way is down, because the accelerometer knows this perfectly well.

Dont expect to have auto-rotate enabled and keep you orientation when you decide to hold the thing at odd angles.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

Right... because I wouldn't have thought of that... lol. No, it is flat in front of me like a tv screen. It does this in the car dock as well.

manoman

Reaction score
So you've gone to Settings > Display Settings > Auto-rotate screen?

Mike Dee

Reaction score
Emily, if I understand your problem correctly, you want your screen to go into landscape mode w/o having to slide open the keyboard, right? you can do that with LauncherPro, from the market. It's a homescreen/app-drawer replacement.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
zsnowangel

zsnowangel

Reaction score
Emily, if I understand your problem correctly, you want your screen to go into landscape mode w/o having to slide open the keyboard, right? you can do that with LauncherPro, from the market. It's a homescreen/app-drawer replacement.

Wow this is a fantastic app! Works great! Thank you!

Mike Dee

Reaction score
You're welcome, I'm glad it worked. By the way, I want to mention that LauncherPro Plus (the pay version) is still the best app purchase I've made (with setcpu a very close 2nd). The widgets are great, as well as the new transitions between homescreens. Totally worth the price!! :)

JetBunny

Reaction score
Just got my third replacement D2G on Friday.

My first 2 would automatically change orientation with "Auto-Rotate" enabled.

This one doesn't. It only goes landscape with the keyboard out.

Any ideas? Stock phone. Thanks

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Just got my third replacement D2G on Friday.

My first 2 would automatically change orientation with "Auto-Rotate" enabled.

This one doesn't. It only goes landscape with the keyboard out.

Any ideas? Stock phone. Thanks

Have you applied the OTA update? Settings->about Phone->system updates. Try that if your already up to date then maybe you should try doing a factory reset or sbf flash.