multiple contacts with same name?

krobi26

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a friend who is named after his dad. He is named after his dad. I want to have both of them as contacts. His dad is So Andso Jr, and my friend is So Andso 3... I tried putting "So" as the given name for both of them and "Andso" as the family name for both of them...then I put "Jr" for the suffix of the dad and "3" for the suffix of my friend. My contacts keeps merging the two into one contact though. I want them to be two separate contacts..

is this possible?

OP
K

krobi26

Reaction score
I do, but I think I had this issue before installing facebook.

OP
K

krobi26

Reaction score
well neither of those posts really helped, but they did make me feel better. I'm having two people with identical first and last names being merged. They seem to be having people with "similar" names merged. That would be a little more annoying.

Droids

Reaction score
I was having some issues with the Droid merging contacts, because I chose to merge contacts, and I was merging from gmail, my previous phone, and Outlook, which created ghosts or dups and general weirdness. Anyway I finally fixed all my contact issues by exporting them from gmail to a gmail csv format file. Make a backup copy, then open the csv file in Excel and go to town editing your contacts. I found lots of dups and other weirdness and fixed it in Excel, saved as a new csv file (click Yes when prompted to discard Excel formatting when saving).

Go back to your gmail contacts (on the computer) and delete all contacts, including 'most contacted', then import your fixed up csv contacts.