multimedia station

rikkitikkitavi

Reaction score
I've been running DroidRunner and have had no issues what-so-ever. Works perfectly everytime. I would like the charger. This will allow the same function and charge at the same time.

cplum

Reaction score
I got mine at the Verizon store 11/6. it was the last one they had.

nite 0wl

Reaction score
All the dock is is a weight, two magnets and an adapter for the USB cable.
If you really don't want to wait (or don't want to spend the $30) you can easily make your own 'multimedia' dock with some cardboard, packing tape, two small magnets and a microUSB cable. As Engadget shows, all you need is the two magnets and something to hold them in place, the cable is just to give you the full effect of the official dock.

I already have one (it's quite nice and I think it's almost worth it just for the extra AC adapter + cable which are the same one that come with the phone) but I am tempted to sit down with some old boxes and some tape when I have so time.

Where does one get the dock? I can't find it anywhere and would like one.
Right now your best bet is a Verizon store. When I went in on the 6th to get my Droid they had sold out in under 45 minutes of opening, I went back a few days later (to return that horrible 'privacy protector') and they called around to the other Verizon stores in the area, found one and got them to hold it for me.
Currently it looks like no one other than Verizon stores (and possibly VZW Authorized Retailers) have them at all, Best Buy and the other 3rd party stores seem to still be waiting for their first order of docks.

the_kwa

Reaction score
Just bought the Car Dock and a holster. I really wanted something that would protect the phone's screen, but still have the ability to mount to docks with ease.
mot_droid_swivel_holster.png

It's made for the Droid, there's no magnet flap to change modes on me and it's nice and small.

Queers4Gears

Reaction score
I got my dock and love it, I didn't have to change any settings, the phone stays in clock mode all night..... love having weather with a tap.

comprocon

Reaction score
Love my multimedia dock and get them to ship it

The first day I bought my Droid, I passed on the dock, but a day later, I had wished I picked it up.

I drove around to several stores, and found them out of stock, but ordered it to have it shipped to me. I placed the order at 4pm, and was expecting it three business days later, but it was waiting for me at work the next day.

I think the design is simple, the charger a value in itself and yes, I love it has everything I need, including weather and a little light bulb icon so I can turn on/off the intensity.

Have not experienced the issue of turning off the display while charging.

I'm sorry I didn't buy this the first day.

And no, I don't think any case would work with it.

dlarej15

Reaction score
The Other case from VZW works great.. not the body glove. it's a case and slides into a holster. It's ribbed for my pleasure.[/QUOTE]

Where did you find that case, i really liked it, i had one for the tour and cant find one for the Droid.

jetnc

Reaction score
Just bought the Car Dock and a holster. I really wanted something that would protect the phone's screen, but still have the ability to mount to docks with ease.
mot_droid_swivel_holster.png

It's made for the Droid, there's no magnet flap to change modes on me and it's nice and small.

Where did you find this holster? I've looked and can't locate one...

ei8htohms

Reaction score
dock to wall charger = stay awake, dock to USB = go to sleep

It seems that some others in this thread have missed this feature of the dock just as I had. If you plug the dock into the wall charger, the phone will stay awake and the screen lit all night. If you plug it into the USB on your PC, the screen will go to sleep unless you select the "stay awake" option under applications -> development. Even then it dims somewhat (unlike when plugged into the wall charger).

Not sure how smart it is to have the screen lit all night every night, but I'm keeping it lit for now because it's so pretty.

BzB

Reaction score
^when in dock mode you can also press the lightbulb icon on the screen to automatically dim it. works great for bedside dimming.

really like the dock. just wish i could get another one for work, but the stores don't have them and they're out of stock on line. vzw must be selling these things like crazy.

musicman

Reaction score
Just got my dock today. Does anyone know if I can choose to not get email and text notifications, but still receive phone calls while in the dock?