Multimedia Station

adroid4me

Reaction score
I just purchased the Droid and multimedia docking station. What I'm trying to figure out is how to keep the screen lit during the night. I used it last night and dimmed the screen; however, it goes black after a few minutes. It's not really worth it if I must reach over and hit a button to find the time during the night. Surely there's something that I'm not doing right. Any suggestions?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try settings, applications, development , stay awake

Mike

EtherGnat

Reaction score
Also make sure the dock is properly receiving power (your Droid should show charging). If it's not powered it will go to sleep.

OP
A

adroid4me

Reaction score
Thanks, I will try this. I appreciate the help.

OP
A

adroid4me

Reaction score
Okay, it was my fault. It appeared that my phone was connected properly since it recognized being connected to the dock; however, it wasn't actually being charged. That was due to keeping the top protector in place. I was hoping that I could leave that on, but it appears that I cannot. Anyway, I am now actually seeing that it is being charged and so far the screen has remained lit. BTW, are there any screen issues with the DROID screen remaining lit for long periods? I may choose to reduce the lighting, but still wondered about long-term issues. Thanks again to both posters. Very helpful.

theecigarman

Reaction score
^ you can leave the top cover on, just slide the screen up and then dock the Droid. I used to do that with mine before I got a MIKRADLE. I would slide off the back cover, slide the screen up then dock it. Worked like a charm. Now, I leave my cover on, plug it in (which is easier than sliding the case off every night) place the Droid in mikradle and it is in multimedia mode. Check it out.

Riddick

Reaction score
MIKRADLE and ezeStand are both good alternatives to the official multimedia dock. I don't want to have to remove my case every night to use the dock.

OP
A

adroid4me

Reaction score
Mikradle

Looks like I need to purchase a MIKRADLE. Thanks for the tips.:)

cuskit

Reaction score
Looks like I need to purchase a MIKRADLE. Thanks for the tips.:)

Hmm - I must have a sixth sense - something told me to pop in here - and there I see my product name! :) When I saw the user name theecigarman, I knew before I read his post pretty much what he'd be saying! :) Though I've now got almost a thousand fans - he's my best because he was the very first to buy a MIKRADLE! And his third one is on it's way to the West Coast as we speak! Thanks man! :)

Meanwhile - adroid4me
- I'd be happy to hook you up! Always a good feeling when I know someone needs my help! PM me when you are ready! :) mikey

Last edited:

Starsushi

Reaction score
Just this morning I ordered the Motorola docking station. Then a couple of hours later I saw this thread...and well...had to order one of these Mikradle puppies too. I'm looking forward to doing my own comparison test. :)

cuskit

Reaction score
Just this morning I ordered the Motorola docking station. Then a couple of hours later I saw this thread...and well...had to order one of these MIKRADLE puppies too. I'm looking forward to doing my own comparison test. :)

Starsushi - I thank you very much for the order! I hope my product holds up to your test - we've already had a comparison test by one of our Mods here (RinTinTigger) back a month or two ago.He compared the MIKRADLE, the Moto Dock and the Seidio Cradle. If you want to see the posts on that comparison, it's a sticky thread at the beginning of this forum. That comparison was duplicated by Tigger in a German Forum also, which led to a ton of sales for me in Europe! Which is my next goal after this past Saturday of selling a MIKRADLE in Hawaii, completing my goal to have a MIKRADLE in all 50 states in this country! So now I'm targeting Europe next, I've already sent MIKRADLES to more than a half dozen countries there as well as China, Japan, Greenland and Australia. But I'm not optimistic about hitting that goal anytime soon - not as much exposure there as I've had here in the good ol' US of A! :)

But - here's hoping you give us the thumbs up so that it adds to the rep we've been working so hard on the last three months! Thanks again - mikey! :)