multimedia station

jerryaycock

Reaction score
Got multimedia station yesterday..
with short battery life, hoped it would help me keep it charged.
After 1 minute the display go's off..
Called Motorola, the answer was each time you dock, change screen timeout.
This is crazy !!! The program should pick this up and change it !!!

Jerry

Q

qoncept

Wow, that's really stupid and worthless. Hope they get this fixed.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow you just convinced me to not buy the dock (yet anyway) lol

Maybe I'll half-ass a homemade one until they fix that then I'll get the pretty one.

OP
J

jerryaycock

Reaction score
fixed

Got a reply from another post..
Fix was easy, can't believe Motorola tech support didn't know !!

THANKS TO iraparks

Settings/Applications/Development/Stay awake
Keeps your screen up while charging

cplum

Reaction score
Go to setting. applications. development. check stay awake (screen will never sleep while charging). It should stay on then. Mine is always on. however the screen does dim when multimedia staion is connected via USB. It does not dim when plugged into the wall. I have not figured that one out.

cplum

Reaction score
Sorry I started to reply and got a call here at work. After I posted I see you already got the answer.

Does your screen dim if connected to PC and stay bright when connected to the wall plug?

xxfire

Reaction score
I have no issue with my dock at all.. stays light when docked.
I put it in the dock, put it to silent, put my sleep music and the alarm wakes me in the morning...

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I returned my Dock yesterday as I feel it more important to have a strong protective case than a dock.

cplum

Reaction score
What case did you get? I bought I hard case plastic case from the Verizon Store on 11/6 which seemed to be a good case, but I did not like it for two reasons.

1) Would not fit into the media dock.
2) It interferred with the ease of getting ot the physical keyboard. it locked arond the bottom of the phone and the top of the sreens. the small tabs that held the case on were enough to make the slide action to get to the keyboard stick. Operation was not smooth. I like this action much better without the case.

If anybody knows of a better case please reply.

droidster

Reaction score
just got off the phone with verizon, and i got both of the stations coming to me for 41.50$ =D...when i ordered the droid, they told me i was a VIP custy..so i went ahead and told the guy im a vip, and he went on and took 25% off each item =DDDDD HOW AWESOME IS THATTTTT

Stigy

Reaction score
I am going today to pick up my multimedia dock from the Verizon store.

They asked me for my name and number and told me they would hold one and call me when their shipment was in.

Awesome customer service!

bamfsig45

Reaction score
What case did you get? I bought I hard case plastic case from the Verizon Store on 11/6 which seemed to be a good case, but I did not like it for two reasons.

2) It interferred with the ease of getting ot the physical keyboard. it locked arond the bottom of the phone and the top of the sreens. the small tabs that held the case on were enough to make the slide action to get to the keyboard stick. Operation was not smooth. I like this action much better without the case.

Its the body glove case and the last couple days I have been contemplating returning it so I could use the dock. But really I wanted the best protection for this phone and right now the BG case is it until the other companies start releasing their cases. It does make the keyboard slide out a little stiffer but I honestly kind of like that I think. I thought the other day it hampered my typing ability on the physical keyboard but after I put it back on I realized I still sucked so it didnt matter haha.

I figure down the road when the perfect case comes out thats not to hard to remove I will re-buy the media dock. But I honestly dont need it.

xxfire

Reaction score

The Other case from VZW works great.. not the body glove. it's a case and slides into a holster. It's ribbed for my pleasure.