Multimedia station popup minus magnets

lantz

Reaction score
Since unboxing the :motdroidvert:, I've been getting relatively random pop ups of the multimedia station docking mode. It displays on the top feed "Connected to multimedia station" and either flickers to a black screen, attempting to launch the multimedia station or sometimes launch the whole docking mode with time, icons on bottom right, and weather on bottom left in landscape mode. I did research on this problem, and it seems that most people were experiencing this with the presence of a magnet, either in the form of a phone holster or appliances/gadgets with a magnet in it. I have a plastic case and the invisiShield screen protector without a holster of any kind (no magnets), but this problem happened even before acquiring the two. For me, It will happen just out of no where. It has gone off when the phone was in my pocket, on the bed, charging, and using it at home, work, school, and other random places. The multimedia station seems to have the most predictable fits when I'm using the mobile browser. I saw a thread explaining an app called "DockControl" that suppresses the multimedia station (an app to suppress an app.. beastly lol), so I tried it. For like 3 days, it was actually multimedia station-free until my phone was dropped on the floor and other problems arouse. Since then, I've factory restored it and have been trying to get it back to my preferences. I'm reluctant to use the app again as it might of got the multimedia station stuck on the home screen even after turning the phone on and off and removing the battery. (after the fall) I'm tempted to look into ROOTing my phone to disable the docking station app altogether but will have to wait until exams are done. It takes a toll on my battery when it's in my pocket going off and is just inconvenient. Any help is always appreciated.

OP
L

lantz

Reaction score
So my phone spazzed really hard after the multimedia station popped up and got stuck in landscape mode for the home screen. Finally, i got fed up and hit it with a magnet! Surprisingly, it kicked the phone screen back vertically, suppressed the media station, and hasn't come back.. yet.