Multimedia Station for DROID by Motorola

dean.collins

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea how customizable the screen on the DROID is when it's in the cradle? I see it's got the time, weather, etc...that's a lot more than what my Storm has when it's in the dock, so I'm not complaining, I'm just curious.

The software 'popup' is controlled via magnet placement so not sure how many 'magnet placement' options there actually will be.

(video here Dean Collins: Droid dock is a 'let down' )

I was really hoping for a RFID reader that was user customisable - eg you might be able to develop your own app and by using the right rfid code have this auto pop the appropriate application.

Or even better have some form of hidden app that only was able to be access when you place the handset in a particular location (could be used for double pin number authentication).

I haven't seen anything in the SDK about how many 'magnet placement options' there are - i dont think they could be too close together but possibly the api will allow you to remove 'standard layouts' or even better create your own 'dock panel' entirely.

Cheers,
Dean Collins

Last edited:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an idea how customizable the screen on the DROID is when it's in the cradle? I see it's got the time, weather, etc...that's a lot more than what my Storm has when it's in the dock, so I'm not complaining, I'm just curious.

The software 'popup' is controlled via magnet placement so not sure how many 'magnet placement' options there actually will be.

(video here Dean Collins: Droid dock is a 'let down' )

Cheers,
Dean Collins

fonix was asking about customizable screen options when in that mode, not how that screen gets there.

ChristineRNM

Reaction score
If you are a member of the Verizon Wireless VIP program (they send you a silver card in the mail after being with them for a while) then you get 30% off (Northeast only) or 25% off (everywhere else) all accessories.

eddieonofre

Reaction score
does anyone know if this this charges the driod too?? if it does why it should has a power cable right????
and i dont see any power cable over there.
and when it will be on sale????

eddieonofre

Reaction score
looks really great, but does it has speakers??? (like an iHome) or still uses the phone speaker?? it does not have speaker it would be lame. I want speaker and charge more than just a nice looking charger, and battery

TomN

Reaction score
Just a charger. The Droid doesn't have a line out like the iPhone does, so you'd have to plug into the headphone jack to power speakers.

will.anaya

Reaction score
that kind of sucks, why would I buy a nice looking charger????
besides there are headset that plug to the usb port like these
S270 Handfree Headset (Micro USB) - 89153J - Motorola USA
Why they could not just make speaker include in these thing????
seems to be useless (I know that works like a battery, or I think so)

might want to give it some time. when droid reaches the 200,000 maybe manufacturers will start spitting out equipment for the droid like the iphone.

COME ON! I AM SICK OF GOING TO BEST BUY, TARGET, WALMART, ETC.... AND SEEING ALL THE COOL ACCESSORIES FOR THE IPHONE. DONT THEY REALIZE THE MARKET THAT WAS JUST CREATED AND THE NUMEROUS AMOUNT OF PEOPLE WHO WANT THE COOL ACCESSORIES TOO!

eagle132

Reaction score
The Droid has a pretty amazing speaker btw, so it still sounds great even though the sound is coming from the phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have the dock and no regrets. The phone stays clean by not touching any table top surfaces and it makes a great looking alarm clock. Having the alarm clock stand like that makes it even better. No regrets, i even watched a couple of my tv shows through the dock already.