MP3 Ringtones

eversonsc

Reaction score
The HTC isn't giving an option to save a song in the music library as a ringtone. On my other Motorola Droid all you have to do is hold down on the song and then choose "select as phone ringtone". When you hold down on the song in the HTC all it does it give you the option to add it to a playlist, delete or play.

Has anyone figured out a way to get a MP3 to be the phone ringtone????

J

JohnDroid

The HTC isn't giving an option to save a song in the music library as a ringtone. On my other Motorola Droid all you have to do is hold down on the song and then choose "select as phone ringtone". When you hold down on the song in the HTC all it does it give you the option to add it to a playlist, delete or play.

Has anyone figured out a way to get a MP3 to be the phone ringtone????

I've not used a full song as a ringtone, but there is a free app called ringdroid that lets you clip part of a song and use it as a ringtone... that works better as I can get the exact part of the song I want.

OP
eversonsc

eversonsc

Reaction score
Is it because the Eris is running 1.5 and the Droid is running 2.0? This seems weiird

OP
eversonsc

eversonsc

Reaction score
We just got the "Ringdroid" and it's working great. Thanks for the recommendation!

wgscales

Reaction score
Play the MP3 you want to set as a ringtone using the Music player. While it is playing press the menu key and select "Set as ringtone". Then use the settings app to config.