Moving Photos

detroitjoe

Reaction score
I have photos on my phone. I want to move them to the SD card but I can't figure out how to do it. I've tried going to settings but there does not seem to be a way to move them. If there is no way, how do you download them from the phone to a computer.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid so my experience may be different. When I take a photo it is stored on my SD card in the DCIM folder. I move photos by connecting/mounting my phone to my computer opening the icon that appears on my desktop that represents my SD card. Look for the DCIM folder or search for jpg extensions. Then drag and drop to your computer.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
D

detroitjoe

Reaction score
Thanks Mike but I was able to change my settings so the pictures r now saved to the SD card. The problem is the 80 pictures that were saved to my phone's memory before I changed it. Do you know how to move them from the phone's memory to the SD Card or straight to the computer

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are rooted you could use root explored, I think.

watt9493

Reaction score
Get astro from the market. Go to the emmc part (youll need to back out of the sd card, which is where you land when you first open it up.) Then look for a folder called DCIM. Click on that, then a folder called 100media should be second, long press, click edit, press move, then paste to desired area on sd card (you will need to back out a couple times) NOTE: It might take some time depending on how many pictures.
Hope this helped :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums