Moving From iOS to a Samsung Galaxy Device?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
easyphonesync.jpeg

If you are moving over from iOS to a Samsung Galaxy device- we have no idea why you'd want to do that- Samsung has your solution, and it's called Easy Phone Sync. The free software installs on your Galaxy handset and a PC or Mac, then transfers all of your stuff from iTunes over to your Samsung Android tablet or phone. Sammy is just trying to lend a hand to people that have been forced at gunpoint to make the move over to Android. They're not trying to make it easier to make the jump, so don't get any ideas --ahem. The full press release is below:

SAMSUNG CUSTOMERS NOW ABLE TO TRANSFER CONTENT FROM IOS TO ANDROID FOR FREE

Exclusive licensing agreement makes Easy Phone Sync available on Samsung Galaxy devices

22nd June 2012, London, UK – Samsung Mobile UK today announced it will be making Easy Phone Sync available for free to anyone purchasing a Samsung Galaxy device. Easy Phone Sync is a simple new way for people to transfer their iPhone and iTunes media – including music, videos, podcasts, pictures, contacts and text messages - to a Samsung Galaxy device including the new Galaxy S III.

As part of an exclusive licensing agreement with Media Mushroom Applications, Samsung is making Easy Phone Sync available for free for UK customers to transfer content from their iOS device to their Samsung Galaxy device in a few simple clicks. As well as being able to access DRM free content they have purchased from iTunes music, customers can continue to use iTunes software on their PC to manage their music, videos and podcasts and keep their Android device in sync with it.

Simon Stanford, Vice President, Telecommunications and Networks, Samsung UK and Ireland said: "We're really proud to announce the launch of this new application and can't wait to hear what our new and existing customers think of it. We know that traditionally iPhone users have been reluctant to switch to an Android device because they couldn't use iTunes to manage their content. Easy Phone Sync means people can now enjoy their iTunes content on a Samsung Galaxy phone. What's more is that it's really easy for them to do, and literally takes five minutes to set up."

Easy Phone Sync is available to download now for both PCs and Macs in conjunction with an app for Samsung Android devices.

For more detailed information, please visit Easy Phone Sync - Mobile.

Via: S3 Forums

swc2001

Reaction score
EPIC!! WAY TO GO SAMSUNG!!
I Guarantee Apple Isnt going to like this..... I feel some kind of Frivalous lawsuit coming on. :blink:

SiGfever

Reaction score
You do know that Apple invented converting files, transferring files, naming files.......:icon_ devil:

Do not look at Xerox Palo Alto, move along, nothing to see hear. :p

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If Apple doesn't sue Samsung (hard to believe there's not SOME IOS code they have to utilize - or "license" - in some manner), I'm sure they will do something in their next update to break this software.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I've never understood the appeal towards these sync programs. It's one of the reasons I never wanted an iPod. Drag & Drop is universal, and just plain simple to do. Plus you have full control of where things go.

Though, I guess it is nice that iOS users can use iTunes to completely back up their devices. Like, I guess the equivalent for us would be nandroid backups.

skennelly

Reaction score
If you are moving over from iOS to a Samsung Galaxy device- we have no idea why you'd want to do that- Samsung has your solution, and it's called Easy Phone Sync.

I'm not sure why someone would have an iOS device...:biggrin:

SiGfever

Reaction score
Apple is like that overbearing parent that says to you..."you can go play anywhere you want today, as long as it is in the backyard". :p