moving 360' pics

smfoley1

Reaction score
So Im seeing all these 360' pictures on facebook that move as you move your phone. Apparently its an iPhone thing. Is there an app for android that does this? When will google implement this for android. This ois probably the first time Ive been jealous of something the iphone can do

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
What do you mean it's an iphone thing? Only iphones can post them? Because I've seen at least one that I could view with my android phone.

Google's camera app has had the Photo Sphere ability for years now. Not sure if Facebook is setup to receive those as 360 pictures though. I've got a strong feeling that the issue is on Facebook's end here as far as what they support.

OP
S

smfoley1

Reaction score
I dont think that is what I am talking about. Im talking about pics that capture your surroundings and when you view them all you do is tilt the phone left, right, up or down to view the surroundings. also I looked for photsphere in the app store and couldnt find it

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Photo sphere is a feature of the Google camera app. It's like panorama, but captures all around you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
From Facebook...

c33ac3a08c7fbe516b65927bc8c4d9d3.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
From Facebook...

c33ac3a08c7fbe516b65927bc8c4d9d3.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I've had it on my Note4 as long as I can remember. It's a lot faster than the Google camera version of it but I honestly haven't used it except to experiment with. I'd also had a bunch of must have photo editing stuff the newer iPhones have for years on an app called Picsay, even the one that removed people from photos that Samsung bragged about a couple of S series ago. My old pastor, an isheep, once said the commercial for it was bogus and it wasn't possible on a phone until I sent him a 2 photos of a pool, 1 with a kid walking next to my daughter, the next the same photo minus the other kid taken on my Note2 then edited with Picsay in about 30 seconds. It's just lay 1 photo over the other, erase the part you don't want on the upper photo and voila. The feature in the op is just auto 360 panorama and the software to view it is just catching up.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
I love that Crapple added the ability to remove bloatware
<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I can now officially confirm that the photo sphere pictures that you can take with the Google Camera are compatible with Facebook. Now I've got a new toy to play with. Didn't think it was at the point where any user could upload them. Did my entire backyard. Some of the fence & other things didn't quite line up right, but I know my tripod can fix that.
99944679a5d8cc47500359c0be2460fa.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk