Movies Won't Play at 2.2 Download

tahoe54

Reaction score
I am trying to load a movie onto my Motorola Droid. Ive tried numerous movie formats pmeg-4, wav, wma and nothing works. Then I tried playing movies I have had on the phone for months to see what format has worked, and guess what, none of them work. Downloaded 2.2 two days ago, so... hmmmm, any ideas?

OP
tahoe54

tahoe54

Reaction score
Got It

Sorry for the misfire, as usual, operator error.

Got it to work.

Reaction score
Want to let me know how you got it to work?

I put a few movies on my sd card, they played fine, I put a few more on, and now none of them work. all I get is audio and no video.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I'm not sure what happend with mine. I did the update, loaded a show, watched half. Next day couldn't get it to work on the stock video player. With any video.

Did a search on here and found Act 1 video player. It's free. It's in the market. It works. I don't even have to go through Astro, which I did before. Now I can click on the icon and it lists the video, I don't have to search through the folders on Astro (I may have left off on another folder, not the Video folder). There is a paid version of Act 1 with more options, but for now the free one works for me.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Act 1 Video Trail will only play videos up to 30 minutes or so. Then you have to pay for the full version.

So I tried the sock video again and it worked.

Not sure what happened.