Movies App

queenhicks

Reaction score
I do not have an Incredible yet but will soon...so far I have been able to find out whether or not most of the apps I use on my iPod that I may lose when making the switch. Does anyone know if there is an application available that will allow me to organize my DVD collection and if so, does it have the capability to take a picture of the UPC in order to pull the DVD information instead of manual entering it all?

Taegost

Reaction score
... Holy crap... I never thought about something like this... You just made my day, I've been trying to think of an easy way to keep track of my DVDs and video games...
I'll look for something and let you know. You can also check out AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market, it's part of an Android app that gives you an easy way to search for and install apps on the Droid.

OP
Q

queenhicks

Reaction score
It looks like they have a free and paid version of an app called Movie that will allow this. I do not have my Incredible yet so if you can let me know how it works that would be great.

OP
Q

queenhicks

Reaction score
I wonder if any of them have a wish list option...this would be great feature too. I have an app for my ipod that will allow me to manage my collection and keep a wishlist...once I purchase the DVD I can simply click in Bought It on my wishlist and it moves it to the collection. It has the barcode feature too but I only have an iPod Touch which has no camera:frown:

Taegost

Reaction score
I'll check it out when I get home, I have it installed on my phone but I'm at work right now, so I can't really play with it too much. I'll let you know :)

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
I've used My Collection Pro for a few months. It's not the greatest app but I think it's probably the closest thing that you'll find on the Android Market right now. It lets you organize movies, games, books and I think CD's.

Taegost

Reaction score
Sounds like this would be a really cool app for many of us :wink:

Heh, this is one of those apps that I never realized I needed... But now that I have, I can't believe I ever lived without it... Especially since I have over 50 Xbox 360 games, 60 PS1 games, 20 PS2 games, and about 70 DVDs :)

OP
Q

queenhicks

Reaction score
Taegost,

Based on your last post I am assuming the app worked...what do you think of it so far? Did the UPC scan feature work well? Was it able to find the game/DVD information?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've used the barcode scanner and Google Books to catalog some of my books. It works with some, doesn't with others. It gets the ISBN number and then comes up with the title, cover, author, etc. This sounds similar. We've got a ton of DVDs. Back with VHS we had a multiple page book cataloging them by genres. Droid Does.

Taegost

Reaction score
Taegost,

Based on your last post I am assuming the app worked...what do you think of it so far? Did the UPC scan feature work well? Was it able to find the game/DVD information?

Sorry, I had forgotten about this thread :)
Yes, the app actually works great, it found each of my Xbox 360 and PS2 games fine, and most of the movies I tried (I got lazy...).
It also worked well for me to "loan out" some of my games to my g/f.
There are two things that I didn't like:

1) The genre and additional info for the games didn't fill in, they all defaulted. I'm not sure why (Again, I got lazy...)
2) The loan out feature doesn't let you search... You have to scroll through your contact list... I have about 500 contacts between FB and phone book... heh

Other than that though, it works like a charm!