Mounting?

vizzard82

Reaction score
I'm new to the whole falshing roms and themes. I've noticed that some require you to "mount". When I get to recovery I notice more than one mounting option. What do I mount and why do I have to mount?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Mount means connecting your phone to your computer via the USB cable. Once connected the icon that displays on your computers screen is your SD card

The mount /system option (with then change to unmount /system). I believe that's only needed when installing a ROM though.

DroidForums Junkie!!

To expand on what Mike said after its connected you drag the pulldown down and hit connect USB.

That will in turn mount the SD card so you can see it on PC like Mike said

Sent from my Droid

To expand on what Mike said after its connected you drag the pulldown down and hit connect USB.

That will in turn mount the SD card so you can see it on PC like Mike said

Sent from my Droid

Thanks for the fill in CK. Sorry OP.

But why do some roms require me to mount my phone? And what mounting option do I choose? I think the options are, mount system, mount sd card, and I think there is one more. This is all in bootstrap recovery mode

But why do some roms require me to mount my phone? And what mounting option do I choose? I think the options are, mount system, mount sd card, and I think there is one more. This is all in bootstrap recovery mode

I believe you select mount SD card. This will give you a way to move the rom from your computer to your SD card then install.

You should be downloading the rom from the developers site then rename to update.zip. Once you do that you can install.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

First thing: are you flashing a ROM? Second: is the zip already on the root of your sd card? Or is it on your PC?

DroidForums Junkie!!

He's using a D2 which uses Clockworkmod so renaming is unnecessary.

I believe you select mount SD card. This will give you a way to move the rom from your computer to your SD card then install.

You should be downloading the rom from the developers site then rename to update.zip. Once you do that you can install.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

DroidForums Junkie!!

Using droid 2 bootstrapper. The rom is on my sd card. It is not renamed. I just choose install from sd card when I'm in bootstrap recovery. I have had any serious problems so far doing it this way, but I'm concerned that I might not be installing the roms correctly 100 percent. Seeings how I'm not mounting. I'm a perfectionist and there is probably nothing wrong with how I'm doing this but just wanted so opinions.

Ok. I've always done it before installing on DXs and D2s. Some ROMs automatically mount /system if you forgot. Still a good practice to get into though.
*Edit* - Just to clarify, you are in Clockworkmod Recovery, Bootstrapper installs and reboots you into it :)

Using droid 2 bootstrapper. The rom is on my sd card. It is not renamed. I just choose install from sd card when I'm in bootstrap recovery. I have had any serious problems so far doing it this way, but I'm concerned that I might not be installing the roms correctly 100 percent. Seeings how I'm not mounting. I'm a perfectionist and there is probably nothing wrong with how I'm doing this but just wanted so opinions.

DroidForums Junkie!!

If what you described works (successfully installs on your phone) then there is no need to change.

Oh, right on. So when mounting, do I just select all the mounting option in clockwork?

Back