Mounting droid

MadisonMarine

Reaction score
Can't seem to get my macbook find my droid....I'm trying, really trying..can anyone help..

Ridley

Reaction score
are you getting the uSB icon in the upper left of the droid screen?

OP
M

MadisonMarine

Reaction score
yes I see the icon on the droid but nothing on the mac laptop

mjeagent

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken I think once the Droid is connected via USB you have to pull down the notification bar and choose to mount the device.

jpoly4

Reaction score
I got mine working lastnight... just want to double check, after you connected the Droid via the USB cable, did you go to the Droid screen pull down the notification panel and select the USB notification? This stumped me at first because I am used to things just showing up but it won't show up until you click on the notification. Hope that helps.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Exactly, these are the steps to follow:

1) Connect the Droid to your computer via the USB cable. A USB icon will appear in the upper left corner of your phone.

2) Drag down the notification bar and click the "USB connected" entry. Now click Mount. Now the drive will show up. On a Mac it will be on your Desktop. On a Windows computer, it will be inside My Computer.

3) Once you are done transferring files, you need to eject the disk from your computer. On a Mac, right click it on your Desktop and choose "Eject". On a Windows computer, click the green arrow icon in the lower right near the close and safely remove the drive.

4) Drag your notification bar on the Droid down again and click "Turn off USB storage" and then click "Turn Off"

Now you can unplug it!