Mount Issues Vista 64-bit

zombeastxx

Reaction score
i just got my droid a couple days ago and im having so much trouble trying to mount it to my laptop

i have windows vista 64 bit

a HP Dv5 1125nr laptop

i already tried the debug, changing the drive letter, formatting the sd card and installing the motoralla drive

none of these seem to work

i know its not the SD card because i took it out n used it via card reader

this is getting real frustrating because ive been looking at all the forums and im finding no solution

can someone please help me before i go bananas :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

tehehehe bananas dancing

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
Z

zombeastxx

Reaction score
thanks man !! got it to work

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Miniblue

Reaction score
Probably just pure dumb luck, but, I have connected without trouble every time since January to my Vista 64 Toshiba.

If it stops I now know what to do.

Thanks

IN AWE

Reaction score
i just got my droid a couple days ago and im having so much trouble trying to mount it to my laptop

a HP Dv5 1125nr laptop

i already tried the debug, changing the drive letter, formatting the sd card and installing the motoralla drive

this is getting real frustrating because ive been looking at all the forums and im finding no solution

can someone please help me before i go bananas :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

tehehehe bananas dancing

Hook has got the solution that works for me. Have to clean it everytime.

I too have this problem. The only way I have found to mount every time without exception is to use the Motorola Driver Installer and clean the drivers BEFORE i connect and try to mount phone.
Here is a link to installer.
USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola USA
First run Motorola driver installer exe.
Then select clean only and start.
then connect and mount.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s/10034-vista-os-mount-droid-2.html#post87373
Sounds familiar.......thanks Hook.

IN AWE

Reaction score
Probably just pure dumb luck, but, I have connected without trouble every time since January to my Vista 64 Toshiba.

If it stops I now know what to do.

Thanks
Probably an HP thing. I have the problem on my HP dv7-1020us, but not on other computers.

REMilk

Reaction score
Same Laptop - But upgraded to Win 7

a HP Dv5 1125nr laptop

tehehehe bananas dancing

I have this same laptop, but I upgraded to Win 6 64-bit Pro. I have not had any problem connecting the Droid to this laptop , either as a device with a drive letter or tehtering with EasyTether or PDANet.

Bob