MotoX going to "L"?

JDH

Reaction score
What are the chances thatMoyoX will be uupgraded to the next generation OS ( L ) ?
I am still on the RazrMaxx since May 2012 and will never get beyond JB 4.1.2. I plan to purchase off contract if I get the X but will probably go with contract if I wait for +1.
What do you think?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hard to tell really. I'm sure it'll get "L" eventually, whether it's official through Moto/Android themselves, don't know. I bet there would be a ROM for it though.

TatDroid

Reaction score
So far the Moto X has been getting very timely updates (4.4.4 releasing today?), so I'd be VERY surprised if that suddenly came to a screeching halt and it didn't get an "L" update.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
With the Moto X+1 coming out, I wouldn't be surprised if we never see an official Android 5.0 (L) release for the X. I hope I am wrong.

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
I think you may be right, they just drop it in a hole like they did with my RAZR Maxx. It still works as good as it did when new and has the specs to handle KK or L.

Parth18

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X XT-1052
Its been officially annouced that moto x will recieve android L update so no need to worry

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Yup, moto ceo said it himself.

Sent from my XT1060

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
Just went to moto ste to order developer edition for 324.95 but it appears that the sale is over again. Regular X now $349 again. Same for DE. Wish moto would stop playing games, If they want go empty the shelves they should put them on sale for a bargain price and leave it till all are gone.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If you're set on the x, wait till the x+1 is announced. Pretty sure prices will go way down.

Sent from my XT1060

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Assuming you're talking of course of the Moto X first generation, I would expect it would probably roll out sometime in January. I don't expect it to find its way onto that phone in the month of December, as they're still updating the new releases such as the turbo.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm with FoxKat, my guess would be January or even February...but that is a guess only. Once the Droid Turbo and Moto G (Gen 2) have Lollipop, I think the Droid Maxx and Moto X (Gen 1) will be shortly after. The question will be: Droid Maxx first or Moto X (Gen 1) first? o_O

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I would say Moto X1 first. It's closer to the current fray and so should be a simple port. However the MAXX is certainly higher on the totem pole, so it would make sense to hit the high points first... I'm torn.