Motorolla to Unlock Bootloader

dtdlurch

Reaction score
+1 for both Chkmate and hookbills last statement

I'm definitely for an unlocked bootloader. But, I'm certainly not gonna complain about it because I knew what I was getting into when I bought my X. It was no secret that this badboy was locked. You can argue all day about how you bought it, its your property, you can do what you want this it. Yes, you can. You are free to brick your phone by attempting to bypass the locked bootloader. You bought it knowing this to be the case. Why get angry with Moto? If you don't like their policy, you don't have to support it by buying their phones. Freedom of choice.

luigi90210

Reaction score

I'm definitely for an unlocked bootloader. But, I'm certainly not gonna complain about it because I knew what I was getting into when I bought my X. It was no secret that this badboy was locked. You can argue all day about how you bought it, its your property, you can do what you want this it. Yes, you can. You are free to brick your phone by attempting to bypass the locked bootloader. You bought it knowing this to be the case. Why get angry with Moto? If you don't like their policy, you don't have to support it by buying their phones. Freedom of choice.

But what about the special cases like me. I sent in my og Droid for warranty replacement because the headphone jack was messed up and they sent me a Droid x. Yes its an upgrade and im greatful but I knew about the bootloader with the Droid x when I bought my og Droid which is why I got the og Droid.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

But what about the special cases like me. I sent in my og Droid for warranty replacement because the headphone jack was messed up and they sent me a Droid x. Yes its an upgrade and im greatful but I knew about the bootloader with the Droid x when I bought my og Droid which is why I got the og Droid.

Im at awww on why they would upgrade you without asking. Was there no other way for them to provide you with a D1? I only ask because I know they are outdated as far as manufacturer goes. But I thought you could still buy them.

And yes, yours is by far a special case. I'd be t!cked! But on the other hand I see this as a warranty issue more than a related bootloader issue for this thread :/

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

luigi90210

Reaction score

Im at awww on why they would upgrade you without asking. Was there no other way for them to provide you with a D1? I only ask because I know they are outdated as far as manufacturer goes. But I thought you could still buy them.

And yes, yours is by far a special case. I'd be t!cked!

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

To tell you the truth I have no clue why they sent me it but I took what I got because I needed a functional phone.

deadlyv2

Reaction score
I've really tried to bite my tongue on this one but just can't :icon_eek:

To everyone out their not happy with their device due to a locked bootloader, BUY ELSEWHERE!!!

As Hookbill stated, do you really think they are gonna give a "rats behind" if you leave and go to some

other manufacturer? They won't miss ya, at all. And what is everyone gonna do when all other service

provider/manufacturers start taking notes and follow lead with what Motorola is doing? I guess everyone

will be more happy going back to morse code. I'm very optimistic and have faith in what aliasxerog and

others are putting forth trying to get this done. But I love my X, locked bootloader or not. I didn't have

the honor of owning the OG Droid, I know that I've missed out. And I've spent time over in that section seeing

what they are still able to do. I admire, I don't envy the freedom they have with their devices. Simply because

if I wanted to buy one to play with, I could. I just dont' think people will ever be as happy as they were if they

compare everything to the way things use to be. Verizon has always taking care of me. And I will continue to

use/buy their product. JMO :)

If it comes to the point that all other manufactures lock their devices down like this then i guess theres only one other android solution left Nexus/T-Mobile here i come.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it comes to the point that all other manufactures lock their devices down like this then i guess theres only one other android solution left Nexus/T-Mobile here i come.[/QUOTE]

My point exactly. I said when other service providers (T-Mobile) and other Manufacturers (Nexus) take

notes and follow lead. So unless it comes to that and you settle for an older and used model, you will also be

stuck with a locked BL. Yes it's an "IF", but it could very well happen.

dtdlurch

Reaction score

Yes, in your case, I would have been pissed. You have every reason to be upset. But personally, I'd be upset about the fact the sent me a phone that did not suite my needs and intended purposes.

OP
teh_g

teh_g

Reaction score
Moto has been useless. I emailed their marketing liason and she forwarded me to someone that said they are working with partners to make the DX a dev phone.

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
I think it would be for the best of the users if they unlocked it at least by the time it was EOLed. Which should be in March if I remember correctly.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will believe it when I see it -

GB D1 with Bionic Fever

OP
teh_g

teh_g

Reaction score
This is for the Milestone currently, but the creators said they will move it to other phones once the Milestone is complete. AndrOINC