Motorola's Moto Products LiveStream to Happen Tomorrow Instead

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-press-event-sept-5.png

Apparently, Motorola's press event in Chicago today at 130PM is a closed event for attendees only. Their actual public event and livestream will happen at 1:30PM tomorrow (September 5th) instead.

moto-press-event-sept-5-2.png

So, basically they teased an event in which they then teased an event... We can't help but label this a big marketing FAIL on the part of Motorola. Regardless, we are still excited to find out what tomorrow brings from Moto.

Here is the Google Hangouts link to watch the Motorola livestream: https://plus.google.com/events/c04aaqgipehkadbje7tjp0vef48

Of course, we will be on the lookout to see if any of the Chicago press attending the event shares any juicy details before tomorrow. Keep an eye out today, but tune in tomorrow if nothing crops up!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmmm. This seems like either a fail.. Or they're really confident and are waving it under our noses..I'd say FAIL

Last edited:

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'd speculate that the press teaser wasn't supposed to be public knowledge and was originally supposed to give a few sites and tech reviewers "exclusive" access to detailed information to digest and prepare for posting about tomorrow's release. I know several sites like The Verge have had people on their staff using devices like the 360 for at least 3 months now.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They could have made it clearer by stating that their September 4th Chicago press event was a closed meeting and not the final public reveal.

Ah well... what's one more day. It will make our Friday more interesting!

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, good end to the week, it sucks to wait but that won't change how awesome the product may or may not be come tomorrow. I'm still excited to see what they've got.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Cruel, just plain cruel I tells ya. I think I'll just go home and drink a Scotch... or three. : )

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Top three reasons why I Motorola "really" moved to show the event at 1am.

1) The NFL starts tonight and there are a lot of football fans who were tired of preseason including the 1% of fans who would even set aside the time to watch moto's event.

2) x+1, scheduled day +1, they are advertising the importance of being late :p .

3) They want to weed out the big mouths. What better way to find out which media persons can't keep their mouths shut than to invite them to a live event and tell them to keep quiet until 1am the next day. Simple right, well looks as if we will get to see who won't be back next year.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I expected more tbh. Nothing earth shattering here. (Of course the user experience will probably be much nicer)

Lots of videos out on this device tonight. I like the leather back shown in this one, that looks pretty sweet.

tap'n on my S5

Last edited:

jduke1980

Reaction score
So, it looks like the 360 battery can't even make it through an entire day.
Moto says charge nightly, but some of the reviewers have stated that it will not even last a full day. This is a deal breaker for me. I don't want to be forced to carry a charger around in my pocket so that I can charge the phone mid-day.
The glass being raised above the bezel is just begging to be hit against something and if you look at close up pictures, the pixels are very evident.
I have been looking forward to getting this for months, and now that it I can buy it later today, I don't want it.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
The 360 is purely for the "bleeding edge" early adopter. It looks like wearables still aren't ready for primetime. Maybe next year and definitely within two someone will get a color high dpi screen with 3-4 day battery use in a wearable that doesn't look like a rubber children's watch.

With that being said , I'm still getting the 360 today. I wonder if it's shipping or if it's just a pre-order today?

EDIT: I just read that some 360s will be in "select" Best Buys so you have to call around to see who has them.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The 360 is purely for the "bleeding edge" early adopter. It looks like wearables still aren't ready for primetime. Maybe next year and definitely within two someone will get a color high dpi screen with 3-4 day battery use in a wearable that doesn't look like a rubber children's watch.

With that being said , I'm still getting the 360 today. I wonder if it's shipping or if it's just a pre-order today?

EDIT: I just read that some 360s will be in "select" Best Buys so you have to call around to see who has them.
Yeah, there went the rumor for 2 day battery life. For me that is a let down but probably not enough to keep me from buying.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2