pdc419

Reaction score
That's a little much, id rather get a notebook

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
A

acidbrn

Reaction score
When it was rumored at $800 I felt that that was a little too much too, but I was at least considering picking one up. But at $1,199 ill wait till someone else comes out with something better 3 months from now and at a cheaper price.

fishfood

Reaction score
If Motorola truly wants a device to compete with the iPad, there's no way that can be the price point. Doesn't make any sense. I call BS...

trumpet444

Reaction score
Hopefully it is just a placeholder and they give you back the 400 afterwards. Im okay with the $800 price tag. But 1200?.... Holy crap that's too much. I expect that price for the top tier ipad2

Kanibull

Reaction score
I think the 64 gb ipad was around $800 when it first came out. I didn't buy one of those either.

sharpz

Reaction score
I personally think both prices are a little dumb. Most of the times, when you are trying to enter a market that is already dominated, you have to make something that is better for cheaper. Now I'm much more of an Android fan than Apple, but why would I pay $800 for an Xoom when I can get the iPad 2 coming out shortly for like $300 cheaper.

Not sure who does their price modeling, and I'm sure you can argue that this Xoom has much better stats (and I already know it does). But for what these tablets are used for, the iPad performs it just fine. I really hope these prices are wrong because I was really wanting to buy a Xoom, they look awesome.

Motorola should fire the people who wrote the business plan for this tablet =/.

Status
Not open for further replies.