Motorola VS Apple...WIN FOR MOTO!

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
motorolavsapple.jpg

Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc. said Friday it has received a favorable initial determination in patent infringement litigation filed by Apple Inc.

According to Motorola Mobility, an administrative law judge in the U.S. International Trade Commission issued an initial determination finding no violation for any of the three Apple patents listed in Apple's suit, which was filed in October 2010. The companies have sued each other, alleging patent infringement in both federal courts and with the ITC, a trade-dispute arbiter in Washington, D.C., often seen as a faster mediator of patent disputes than courts.

Motorola Mobility is being acquired by Google Inc. for $12.5 billion. The Libertyville, Ill., company is the phone half of the old Motorola Inc., which split up last year. Google is interested in Motorola's trove of thousands of patents for technology used in smartphones, tablets and other devices.

SOURCE: Motorola gets initial ruling from the US International Trade Commission that it doesn't infringe Apple's patents | The Verge

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
about darn time apple gets denied (hopefully)...
The companies have sued each other alleging patent infringement
...so motorola is also counter suing? hopefully they win that too, that'll be a good slap in the face for apple, they need it...badly

Nubbie

Reaction score
This is from the wall street journal. Hope this article isn't copyrighted by Apple. Don't want to get sued.
wallstreetj.jpg

Ssilk

Reaction score
I bought 30k in. stock in apple a couple days ago for a stock game in my business class and then the next day there its a huge riot at the Bejiing apple store because they pushed the I4s date and the stock tanked. Those chinese guys were not happy...they egged the building. There was like a thousand ppl outside that store..blowhorns, arrests, the whole 9. Lol. Good thing it was fake money.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums