Motorola Teases Something Exciting for Next Week (Feb 25)

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
hm... it's a .... in a box...

I'd love another moto xoom style tablet, that was my first tablet until my son dropped it in the bath, I absolutely loved that thing, buttons were placed perfectly... it was an awesome piece of technology.

here's hoping it's a moto X tablet.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Now I'm thinking of the SNL short about something in a box.

I won't post it here, because I'm not sure it fits our family friendly rules, but hopefully you get the idea.

What a terrible surprise Moto. I'm no longer concerned with your dirty box.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I just got my Xoom back from my mother. She had it for a couple of years and the build quality of it surprised me again. Most manufactures still haven't matched it to this date. The screen resolution is a bit dated for today's time, but not so much that it detracts from the experince.

Reactions: cr6

jfriend33

Reaction score
Oh snap! They haven't made one of those in forever!

I'm thinking more of a convertible type device now though, the more I think about everything I need being inside this box that's left me with so many questions.

Does the box have a handle!?

I so hope you are right. I want a 5" phone with at least a 4000mah battery, that has a 11.6-13" tablet dock (with its own battery) that has a full size keyboard dock (that also has its own battery). And it needs to work on all major US carriers including Verizon. I am so sick of carrying around my lg g3, my g watch, my nexus 7 2013, and my asus x205ta. Too much redundancy.

I would say also, the laptop dock should have a full size hdmi port. Use microusb instead of some wacky proprietary cable. Heck why not give it an Ethernet port too. And in this box, they should toss in some type of hdmi stick device so the people without smart TV's or chromecasts, can use this new fangled thing.
Think about it. Motorola...great radios. Great droid turbo. And Lenovo...durable thinkpads...that last for years. Why is this so hard to do? And make it future proof. And charge the customer a small fee for them to unlock the bootloader if it doesn't already come unlockable.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I so hope you are right. I want a 5" phone with at least a 4000mah battery, that has a 11.6-13" tablet dock (with its own battery) that has a full size keyboard dock (that also has its own battery). And it needs to work on all major US carriers including Verizon. I am so sick of carrying around my lg g3, my g watch, my nexus 7 2013, and my asus x205ta. Too much redundancy.

I would say also, the laptop dock should have a full size hdmi port. Use microusb instead of some wacky proprietary cable. Heck why not give it an Ethernet port too. And in this box, they should toss in some type of hdmi stick device so the people without smart TV's or chromecasts, can use this new fangled thing.
Think about it. Motorola...great radios. Great droid turbo. And Lenovo...durable thinkpads...that last for years. Why is this so hard to do? And make it future proof. And charge the customer a small fee for them to unlock the bootloader if it doesn't already come unlockable.
You want winning lottery numbers too? You're the only person I know who wants a tablet dock. Motorola tried it, it failed miserably.

jfriend33

Reaction score
It's just pointless to have multiple processors and storage. The lapdock 100 and 500 as well as the bionic and atrix lapdocks didn't fail miserably. Maybe in your eyes they did. I didn't care a ton for webtop, just liked the tablet ui with kitkat. The thing that failed was the dated processor and lack of memory. People expected laptop computer speeds and were disappointed.

I mean wouldn't you think verizon would want that on their network? They have enough people off unlimited that it shouldn't be a concern (some have claimed devices like this would use more data than average but tablets these days can gulp it down when streaming in HD)

I am thinking that since Microsoft has developed a decent Android Runtime that Windows 10 would be pretty decent and just use the runtime for apps.

wilyums

Reaction score
I still use my lapdock with my razr maxx on wifi. My grandson watches YouTube and netflix on it.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Ummm....ever heard of the Microsoft Surface?
When did the surface start using android and become a cell phone?

The lapdock did fail, they didn't keep up with it. Look at the price of them.($400 to $99 in less than 4 months). Moto dropped Dev for it too soon. Moto had desk docks, car docks, etc. I loved having my bionic sitting in a desk dock, then a car dock for GPS or slacker on my way home.

jfriend33

Reaction score
When did the surface start using android and become a cell phone?

The lapdock did fail, they didn't keep up with it. Look at the price of them.($400 to $99 in less than 4 months). Moto dropped Dev for it too soon. Moto had desk docks, car docks, etc. I loved having my bionic sitting in a desk dock, then a car dock for GPS or slacker on my way home.
That's not failing. It's called Google buying up Motorola and the project being halted so people buy Google tablets like nexus.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
2nd gen. Hint Bluetooth.