Motorola Teaches You How to Use Smart Actions on the DROID RAZR - Saves Battery Life

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
With an unremovable battery, Motorola released a video showing you how to get the most out of your RAZR with "Smart Actions". Many of these features already exist and I think Motorola is just re-emphasizing that capability and introducing the new app for the release of the RAZR.

[video=youtube;PrAndZ-6Dio]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrAndZ-6Dio&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:

Big Cam

Reaction score
That looks like something I'd like to have, has this app hit the free market yet? Or is it only on Motoroal phones?

RedTarget

Reaction score
There's a similar app called Tasker... I can't say for sure if it matches up completely, but it should do the trick!

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Tasker and Llama both do what Smart Actions does, although Motorola's app looks like it may be a little more intuitive.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I just don't know why they would use an example like, have your phone vibrate when you reach the office. Wouldn't you know you were there? Unless they mean silence the ringer..:)

EDIT: Yea I think they are inferring that it will set the phone to vibrate when you reach the office.

Last edited:

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have had an app called Setting Profiles for over a year that does everthing that the video shows. Nothing new to see here...

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I have had an app called Setting Profiles for over a year that does everthing that the video shows. Nothing new to see here...

Yep.. like I said in OP, many of these features already exist.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
locale has been on sale for 3.99 down for 10 dollars, easy intuitive and fun to use.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jedihep

Reaction score
It seems to me that this is a marketing tactic to thwart potential dissatisfaction and quell immediate negative reviews from consumers in regards to poor battery performance and even fewer alternatives to rectify this issue than before because of the lack of battery swaps. IMHO the inability to remove the batteries which seems to be an emerging trend is a form of engineered obsolescence and for this alone I'd refraine from purchasing any device that has an engendered life expectancy! As if we don't have enough to fight about what with defects, accidents, bugs, and oddball quarks when it comes to getting phones replaced, lets add batteries problems to the mix as well! It's bad enough having to replace a phone that you plunked out several hundred bucks for only to be told you have to accept a refurbished one because of some mechanical issue but to face the possibility of having to do so because of a weak battery 6 month to a year down the road is ludicrous! I can't wait to hear the company line if you try to get them to replace your phone because the battery isn't functioning correctly. It's hard enough convincing them when the problem is quite evident let alone when it would come to something as vague as battery performance! Good luck! Lol!

xxpigxx

Reaction score
I would never EVER buy a phone without a removable battery.

*would rather buy a new batery than get a new to me refurbished (USED) phone.

*I like to carry around spare batteries for when I have no charger available.

*I would like to be able to turn off my phone completely, without the chance of someone being able to access it when I think it is powered off (conspiracy theory side of me).

vonfink13

Reaction score
so without even giving the new devices any type of timeframe to even see how the batteries work..or dont....you guys have just written em off....talk about ludicrous....the iphone has always had a non-removable battery and the sales for those things are horrible...its called progress...

jedihep

Reaction score
so without even giving the new devices any type of timeframe to even see how the batteries work..or dont....you guys have just written em off....talk about ludicrous....the iphone has always had a non-removable battery and the sales for those things are horrible...its called progress...

Doesn't sound like progress to me! Besides battery life is what it is there has little new there and forward progress is slow in this field from the phones that are already on the market. Some steps are being made but you won't see any new strides for some time like with the new Kal-el chips and the potential of carrier wave sustained charging but the latter is even further off. That said, other than a ever so slight reduction in size there is little difference in battery longevity than what you'll find in the phone that you are using now. Couple that with the increased demands on the power supply like 4G and the drain of the new processors there is no way it will perform well! So if you are going to fault us then fault us for what we are! REALISTIC! Ludicrous is thinking that they slipped a magic battery in the thinnest phone on the market!!!

vonfink13

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like progress to me! Besides battery life is what it is there has little new there and forward progress is slow in this field from the phones that are already on the market. Some steps are being made but you won't see any new strides for some time like with the new Kal-el chips and the potential of carrier wave sustained charging but the latter is even further off. That said, other than a ever so slight reduction in size there is little difference in battery longevity than what you'll find in the phone that you are using now. Couple that with the increased demands on the power supply like 4G and the drain of the new processors there is no way it will perform well! So if you are going to fault us then fault us for what we are! REALISTIC! Ludicrous is thinking that they slipped a magic battery in the thinnest phone on the market!!!

you mean my new razr isnt magic.....??...my og droid was horrible with battery life..so i have chargers everywhere i go...i am covered...my options were non-removable sd card or battery..i chose the battery...looks like this is gonna be the wave of the future....like it or not....

jedihep

Reaction score
you mean my new razr isnt magic.....??...my og droid was horrible with battery life..so i have chargers everywhere i go...i am covered...my options were non-removable sd card or battery..i chose the battery...looks like this is gonna be the wave of the future....like it or not....

Sadly I agree. More new phones are moving in this direction. Until we see the new smart tech chips roll out and some of the further off tech like the next Gen 4G radios and carrier wave charging the newer phones are going to be hobbled. I bought a cell phone to be mobile and look for reliability, versatility, dependability, and rugidness. I admit I'm a hard man to please but I believe that I'm not asking for the world. They just don't want to build a better device they want to taunt us with flash and condition us into "needing" to replace our phones every 6 months to a year! My OG will out last almost anything that they have out! Yea it's not as flashy as the new models, it can't download kesha's latest in 3 seconds flat but I can't ever recall my life depending on that ever! With use management and a mind toward app priority my Droid will run all day long and be there when I really need it! If I wanted to be tethered to a charger I wouldn't spend 3 to 700 bucks on a phone! Flash and speed mean nothing when your without the means to change it, at that point that latest greatest lightning fast flashy piece of tech has no more use than tying a note to it and throwing it as a means to get your message out!