Motorola S10 Bluetooth

deek

Reaction score
Does anyone have some experience with this set? I just bought it the other day and I am trying to decide if there is something better out there, or if I got the best that blue-tooth currently has available.

My main concern on what I am not in favor of is the sound volume. The blue-tooth set at max volume seems to be about 70%-80% volume in dBs in comparison to a wired ear-buds set. Considering the price, I would hope that paying nearly $100, at least the volume would be similar to a wired ear-bud headset that runs $10.

Anyone know of a better brand? Or am I missing something on my own blue-tooth headset that could increase the volume?

chiefvelo

Reaction score
Mine got flaky after 2 weeks and died in two months. Saw a special direct from Motorola so i only have $34 in but still $34 down the toilet. I should have known as i had 3 other motorola's break with-in a few months. i still have moto's s305 that work well though.
I picked up a jabra clip directly from Verizon and they work better and cost $50 full price. And haven't broken.
Good luck.

OP
D

deek

Reaction score
Mine got flaky after 2 weeks and died in two months. Saw a special direct from Motorola so i only have $34 in but still $34 down the toilet. I should have known as i had 3 other motorola's break with-in a few months. i still have moto's s305 that work well though.
I picked up a jabra clip directly from Verizon and they work better and cost $50 full price. And haven't broken.
Good luck.

After finding out that the blue-tooth stereo headset does not work with the Droid X's Stock FM-Radio, I wasn't too impressed. I figured since I use the radio a lot for a least 1 hour per workday a week, it sort of made it seem not worth it. Plus, I would rather have the louder sound with a wired headset.

godfish

Reaction score
Your volume maybe a build in sound restriction like they did with the Ipods so you don't blow out your ears? I have a S9 HD and I love it, been using it for over two years and it's still going strong and LOUD! dancedroid

OP
D

deek

Reaction score
I hear the s9 is louder, but its not available in brick & mortar stores locally. Guess ill just have to maybe order it at a cheap price & hope it works out for the best.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm moving this to Droid Accessories because this is not device specific and I want to discuss it a bit. I have these head sets and I agree they are not very loud.

I've been waffling between using them with my D2 or iPad. I decided they worked best with the D2, #fail with iPad and anyway Soundhound doesn't work with bluetooth that well, in my case not at all.

Now with the D2 today I put them on and the volume was incredibly low. I called my wife and while I was talking to her I was able to raise the volume to an acceptable level. Matter of fact it was a bit loud. After talking to her I started some music (I use Amazon Cloud for my iTunes) and the volume level for music had also gone up. I don't have a clue as to why this happened as I had media volume high on the D2.

But the fact was the quality of sound was not good. I was going to send them back so I went to Amazon and found out I was two days too late.

But while I was there one guy said instead of allowing the earpiece loop over your ear, position it so it is UNDER your ear. I did that and I could not believe the difference in quality.

From what I read you're probably better of with the S9 but if you do have the S10 try positioning it as I said. Hope this helps someone.