Droid Blue Tooth Solution (in car, permanent)

_33

Reaction score
So, I've been using this Moto in car blue tooth, FM thing for a few months and it just doesn't cut it. My car, 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L, has no AUX in or stock blue tooth. A new head unit is a no go due to my factory nav that I really like.

I am trading services with a car stereo installer and I need a permanent solution for this.

I started researching units, but my head is kind of spinning.

What I need is something that will simply connect my phone to my stereo. The installer said we can use the XM on my radio and all I need to do is find something.

What I'm looking for is something that can be hard wired and turn on/off with my car. It would be nice to have the unit hidden as I use my phone in my car dock, so I don't need to have something else mounted on my dash somewhere. I use an app called Dockcarswitches and it does an amazing job. When I mount my phone in the car dock, it simply turns on my blue tooth and shuts my wifi off.

Has anyone come across something like this? I was checking out the Parrot stuff, but they all seem to have a dash mounted main unit.

Thanks in advance!

OP
_33

_33

Reaction score
have you used the search Button on the forum

Sure did and found nothing helpful. Only one thread that was of some help, but it only led me to believe that the Parrot units I should steer away from.

Did you read my thread? I'm not looking for something to charge, or wear on my ear. I don't want an FM transmitter.

So, your attempt at witty humor failed.

rodney21bark

Reaction score
I this El Kameleon JVC EXAD KD-AVX77 media player in my car. Its really awesome, it has a great receiver and love the touch screen. You should get one yourself to this would solve your problem permanently.

Last edited:

Gandyj

Reaction score
Have you really looked at the Parrot products? The higher end Parrot units have "screen" or head unit that mounts to your dash or steering column. The Parrot CK3000 doesn't have a "screen" which you don't need anyway with the Droid since you always keep it in a car dock and can see the screen. The controller for it is so small you can mount it just about anywhere while the brain for the Parrot is hidden behind the dash near the factory radio. I use the Pro Clip dock for my phone along with the CK3000 and once I had it paired with my phone it works great. Another option might be the Motorola IHF 1000 or whatever the newest version is with the appropriate harness.