Motorola processes on Liberty GB

onebreezymonkey

Reaction score
While looking through settings->applications->manage apps->'all' tab, I noticed a few motorola processes with only their system-level names. I noticed also that when using automatic task killer my free ram never goes above 200 as it did on Liberty 2.0.1. I was curious to know both what they are doing there and if I can remove them in order to save just that little extra bit of ram.

This is my first post on any of the Droid forums but I'd like you all to know that the amount of support and information on here is phenomenal, and it is very much appreciated. You've guided me from root to rooted apps to roms and themes.

Also: I've fallen in love with liberty so keep up the good work. Updates and support are more than timely and helpful.

Uploaded screenshots of said processes.

-Breeze

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1303604528436.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1303604528436.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 320
  • uploadfromtaptalk1303604548661.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1303604548661.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 277

mcp770

Reaction score
Lose the task killer app. Unlike old motor and blackberry phones the android os is designed to manage memory itself. You actually use more processes and battery when the apps restart themselves in the background using killers. Google why not to use task killers. Very interesting read from android devs.

Slow88lx

Reaction score
Lose the task killer app. Unlike old motor and blackberry phones the android os is designed to manage memory itself. You actually use more processes and battery when the apps restart themselves in the background using killers. Google why not to use task killers. Very interesting read from android devs.
Bwahahahah!

Look closely. :wink:

OP
O

onebreezymonkey

Reaction score
I wonder how I could have missed that article! Especially since it's been around so long.

So all task killer issues aside, do you know what some of the more cryptic processes or apps (whichever they may be) are? the spellchecker is a no brainer. I just didn't expect to see motorola in a liberty build.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I wonder how I could have missed that article! Especially since it's been around so long.

So all task killer issues aside, do you know what some of the more cryptic processes or apps (whichever they may be) are? the spellchecker is a no brainer. I just didn't expect to see motorola in a liberty build.

It's impossible for us to completely remove motorola from the build because of the locked bootloader.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com

Some motorola elements need to remain, otherwise they cause issues. Like the contacts issue? That was because we removed the yahoo app -- but then had to re-add it. In order to make the rom friendly for people who like Blur apps, most moto things have to stick around (plus it helps for stability). A lot of the reboot issues in pre-GB liberty were due to the portions of blur that were removed.