Motorola phone rumors

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's time to get a flagship Motorola phone.. Anyone agree?

What's next? Share your thoughts...

Renders of unknown Motorola device suggest flagship with quad rear camera

Renders of unknown Motorola device suggest flagship with quad rear camera

S10+ Tapatalk
648bc14a142e7c59150dd8e60e869b24.jpg
1fe93c2e393fe4c6b4fb1dd5de5c3274.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There have already been some leaked renders of the supposed Z4, and it looks a lot like the traditional Z series back with the round camera bump to hold Moto Mods. My guess is this phone would be the newest X series. Maybe the Moto X5?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The X4 was (is) a great phone, with mid range specs. A new Moto X with top specs would be nice. I really liked the first 2 Moto X phones, and still have a few. It would also be nice to see some new ingenious functionality built into the Moto app. Some cool new stuff. The phone in that pic kind of has a Moto X look to it. But then again, as I've said in other threads, all phones kind of start to look alike these days.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I hope there will be a great new Moto flagship phone! I love the Moto products and I still have my Moto ZForce...I need more storage room in the next one because I have 4 grandkids and 2 dogs lol and have used up a lot of room I'm ready for a new phone. Just paid mine off a little while ago

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I would love to see another Moto flagship to. I'm really disappointed with the lack of updates on my G7. If they came out with one and T-Mo carried it, I'd be all over it.

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I would love to see another Moto flagship to. I'm really disappointed with the lack of updates on my G7. If they came out with one and T-Mo carried it, I'd be all over it.
I hear ya my friend... updates too slow for LG really bummed me...

S10+ Tapatalk

Ronald Bess

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
LTCavalier
What drives me crazy about Motorola now is that they won't make a real flagship device. A device that checks all the boxes needed. A good AMOLED screen, a 4000mh battery with Wireless charging, NFC and the lastest processors. Seems like some of the phones have some of these things but not one model has all of them as they should. I have stuck with Motorola phones since the '90s but had to choose a different brand when they started that Moto Mod crap. Who wants to carry around an extended battery and separate QI mod and then a separate NFC mod? Now they are making phones with larger screens and battery's but have no NFC or QI Charging. I'm stuck with an LG G7 until they get their head out.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My Z Force and Z2 Force and Z Play and Z2 all have NFC and great battery life. I personally like the Moto Mods. But to each their own.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I know I'm a broken record, but I'm holding out for, first, 5G....and then, hopefully, a smaller phone with a nice 5.0-5.2" screen.

Replaced the battery, screen protector and back cover on my Turbo recently and it was like a brand new phone. But I'm finding Pie doesn't seem to like a lot of my favorite apps/widgets, so might have to roll back to Oreo.

Was running great on Android 7.0 for a long time, so I probably will just go back to that. Most of my apps that have long ceased to be supported still run great on 7.0. LOL, who would have thought that app obsolescence would become a reason NOT to upgrade?

Ronald Bess

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
LTCavalier
My Z Force and Z2 Force and Z Play and Z2 all have NFC and great battery life. I personally like the Moto Mods. But to each their own.

Agreed, we all have different ideas of what a Flagship should be but the main Title of this thread is what drew me to it in the first place so I know I'm not the only one that feels this way about the current generation. I'm on Verizon and there are only 2 models available to me right now. the Moto Z3 which yes does have an 835 processor and NFC and of course will have the ability to use a 5G mod, but it lacks wireless charging available on most Flagships and the battery is just ok at 3000mah. I'm simply not interested in putting on 3 different mods to improve battery life, wirelessly charge the phone and be able to use 5G someday. Then they go and release the Moto G7 line with a more accepted flagship look but a lowly 632 processor, no NFC, no wireless charging, a 720 screen and not on Verizon, as of yet. If it had any of those things, I would have purchased the Moto G7 Power immediately but they didn't so as a long time Motorola Employee and Phone user, I am left waiting and wanting a real Flagship from the company I use to always believe in. I'm glad you like your Mods but like you said, to each their own. The closest one to everything I would want is the G7 Plus but it's still a small processor and no wireless charging on a 3000mah battery. Moto just cannot compete with real Flagships right now but I hope someday they will find their way back.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't think they have any intention of making what some call "flagships" anymore. The market is too crowded and Google can't even sell their flagship Pixel very well. Moto has realized that there is a big market for $200 - $500 phones and they are looking to sell to that market. I could be wrong, but I don't see them making & selling phones in the $750 & up range anymore. I guess we will see what 2019 brings. Right now it looks like a new Z4 and maybe a Z4 Play. Those won't be "flagship" caliber by spec on paper standards. Maybe the X5 could be?