Motorola Milestone users finally get CyanogenMod 6 support

androidpolice

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.androidpolice.com
CyanLogo_huge11.png

Motorola sure tried hard to prevent this from happening but their defenses couldn't stop the Android community. Cyanogenmod 6, the most popular custom Android ROM, is now available for the Motorola Milestone in this first RC0 release. The ROM seems relatively stable, without major issues or missing features.

Proceed to the download links and the rest of the description.

blueicexe

Reaction score
i hope they put a
Step By Step Procedure about doing this for noobs like me :(

thank you
i hope ill know how to do this in future.

mohitrocks

Reaction score
I have root, but I'm not too sure about the vulnerable recovery. ( I probably have it, as I have root on motorola milestone 2.1 update 1) I HAVE DOWNLOADED A DIFFERENT MOT_BOOT_MODE TO GET MORE MEMORY ON THIS WEBSITE: ***RESURRECTED*** [HOW TO] Root+ Extras Telus Motorola Milestone - Android Forums

The steps I did: downloaded the nandroid backup from official website, and restored only system. I installed the fix and then rebooted. (Note: While restoring, it said skipped something [i forgot what] so that might be an issue). My phone always freezes on the motorola logo. ( I tried multiple times)

Before, a long time ago, I edited the mot_boot_mode, and I turned it off, and it also would get stuck on the motorola logo.

I think the problem is with the mot_boot_mode, but if I restore to my old nandroid backup (restore everything), it works fine.

Should I change the mot_boot_mode to the original one? (I'm not sure if I have it) I'm scared that if I decide to go back to the original something could go wrong. (because I have extra memory and its full now)

If anyone has a telus milestone mot_boot_mode please attach it, but I'm still not sure if I should change it.

Please help!

Any help is appreciated.