motorola micro usb headset compatibility

DeDroid

Reaction score
Hey droiders,

I bought the s270 moto headset which is according to motorola hp compatible with the droid but apparently it is not recognized. There's a post on moto support page with an unsatisfying answer ... indicating it might not work. WTH ? Any ideas what's up with that.
Thx

repoman79

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my s280. I can find no help on the matter.

OP
D

DeDroid

Reaction score
just talked to moto support bout the issue. they offered to send me a replacement unit s270 right away, altough i told them i i didnt even buy the headset through Motorola. upon asking the tech i was told there are no known issues regarding the pairing / recognition of the usb headsets to the droid...

repoman79

Reaction score
That is funny. I spoke with a motorola customer service rep, and he said he didn't think that any usb headset would work with the droid (even though their website indicates otherwise). He said I need to get one with a 3.5 jack. He also didn't sound like he knew exactly what he was talking about. If you get your s270 to work, please let me know. In the meantime, I might get a headset from a different manufacturer.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I spoke with a motorola customer service rep, and he said he didn't think that any usb headset would work with the droid
I wouldn't be surprised. That's probably why the name of the dock was changed so that multimedia was removed from its name.

repoman79

Reaction score
I talked to a customer service rep where I bought my micro usb headset, Think Mobile Solutions. He told me that the micro usb headsets definitely don't work on the droid. The droid is the only Motorola phone with a 3.5 jack. All the others have only micro usb, and they haven't yet made a wired headset that works with the droid. But most wired 3.5mm headsets from other manufacturers work for the droid. It seems that the apple headset is the only 3.5 headset that doesn't work.