charging blueant Q1 (micro usb) with DX charger?

Mad1ben2

Reaction score
charging Jabra Clipper (micro usb) with DX charger?

I'm sure the answer is that "its not a good idea", but thought I'd ask for views here.

The charger that came with my DX plus an extra aftermarket house and car charger are all rated around 800mA... the micro usb charger that came with my Jabra Clipper bluetooth headset is 180mA... I'd like to be able to use the DX charger for a quick/rapid charge on the bluetooth headset when needed but I imagine the output of the DX charger is too high and would/could damage the bluetooth headset...?

Thoughts?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Somebody might say different, but to me the numbers just don't add up, a bluetooth headset has a tiny battery in comparison to any cell phone, I wouldn't do it

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the answer is that "its not a good idea", but thought I'd ask for views here.

The charger that came with my DX plus an extra aftermarket house and car charger are all rated around 800mA... the micro usb charger that came with my blueant bluetooth headset is 180mA... I'd like to be able to use the DX charger for a quick/rapid charge on the bluetooth headset when needed but I imagine the output of the DX charger is too high and would/could damage the bluetooth headset...?

Thoughts?

I think you have a good chance of frying your blue ant Q1. I wouldn't do it.

OP
M

Mad1ben2

Reaction score
thanks, that's what I thought as well.... a bit of reading on 'rapid' chargers led me to believe the higher output charged faster but at the possible trade-off in the life of the battery... this seems like too much of an output jump and the likelihood of causing damage is just too high...

It does stink a bit that large cell phones/batteries can charge in about an hour but a tiny headset takes 2-2.5 hrs to charge... but I also have to believe there is a valid reason for this.

thx for the prompt responses... I won't be trying this experiement!