Motorola LTE Handset Appears With qHD Super AMOLED Display

creaky

Reaction score
The only thing that would kill this for me is the rumored unremovable battery....

ABQNM

Reaction score
The only thing that would kill this for me is the rumored unremovable battery....

That would be a big mistake for Moto, especially on an LTE phone. Then again, Moto leaks don't often turn into the actual product, especially this early. Unless they have some super nifty add-on battery pack that is styled like the phone and simply attaches to the back and adds 2-3mm to the thickness and doubles the battery life but still looks completely seamless, that won't work for me.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ha.....That's begging for a lot of bricked phones, rooted or not, when you can't do a hard reset. Heck, it would almost be just a matter of time before you'd have to return the phone if you didn't have sprecovery.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Ha.....That's begging for a lot of bricked phones, rooted or not, when you can't do a hard reset. Heck, it would almost be just a matter of time before you'd have to return the phone if you didn't have sprecovery.

Yeah hopefully by that time Motorola will have remembered their promise to start unlocking bootloaders so we don't have to SBF because of how we have to get around the bootloader. Either that or we will see sales of the TBH Factory Programming cable skyrocket (the cable that can power the phone even in bootloader mode with a dead or no battery). Team Black Hat

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Admittedly, it would be nice not to have to worry about the battery cover falling off (though that has only happened on my D1 once or twice). But it also begs another question of how you might swap out SD cards?

ABQNM

Reaction score
Admittedly, it would be nice not to have to worry about the battery cover falling off (though that has only happened on my D1 once or twice). But it also begs another question of how you might swap out SD cards?

IF it even has removable storage (which I really hope it does), then it will likely have a slot on the side somewhere that opens up, since it has to have somewhere to put the LTE SIM card anyhow. But let's wait and see since Moto phones evolve at least a dozen or so times before launch.

loki993

Reaction score
A Moto with a super AMMOLED and kevlar? Thats on my watch list.

I wouldn't bet on seeing this before the holidays though. Maybe not even this year... Then again, a holiday release may happen since Moto finally figure out how to get LTE to work with the Bionic 17.0.

That said, this thing looks sick and I want one.

It would almost have to though wouldnt you think? I mean by the holidays a bunch of 1.5s are gonna be out. At the beginning of the year there are rumors 2.0 or even 2.5 dual cores and the quadsprobably by March or so. It would almost be dead in the water of it came out next year unless it could sell on the display alone, which maybe it could. Even though we may be splitting hairs at this point. I mean a 1.2 dual core phone is probably plenty fast enough for 99 percent of people especially after its slimmed down with a nice lean ROM. I mean the Bionic is plenty fast even stock IMO. My D2 with CM7 is fast enough for what I need it for honestly. That would nearly be a perfect phone if it had LTE lol.

what interest me is the use of gorilla glass and kevlar..
overall great looking phone

Yeah a Moto with superAMOLED is definitely intriguing to say they least too. With moto tank build quality and Kevlar, super cool. Oh you have a quad core? Well my phone can stop bullets lol.

That would be a sales suicide.

Good luck with that Moto, if it's true.

although I agree having a non removable battery is silly IMO it hasn't hurt iphone sales, just sayin.

ABQNM

Reaction score
A Moto with a super AMMOLED and kevlar? Thats on my watch list.

It would almost have to though wouldnt you think? I mean by the holidays a bunch of 1.5s are gonna be out. At the beginning of the year there are rumors 2.0 or even 2.5 dual cores and the quadsprobably by March or so. It would almost be dead in the water of it came out next year unless it could sell on the display alone, which maybe it could. Even though we may be splitting hairs at this point. I mean a 1.2 dual core phone is probably plenty fast enough for 99 percent of people especially after its slimmed down with a nice lean ROM. I mean the Bionic is plenty fast even stock IMO. My D2 with CM7 is fast enough for what I need it for honestly. That would nearly be a perfect phone if it had LTE lol.

Yeah a Moto with superAMOLED is definitely intriguing to say they least too. With moto tank build quality and Kevlar, super cool. Oh you have a quad core? Well my phone can stop bullets lol.

although I agree having a non removable battery is silly IMO it hasn't hurt iphone sales, just sayin.

I do figure it will come out by the holidays unless Moto or Verizon run into a snag. They may also want to hold the release a little bit since the Bionic just came out. The screen and build all sound awesome as Moto knows how to build a high quality phone when they want to.

As for the battery, sure the internal battery has not hurt iPhone sales, but people don't buy the iPhone for the features. Most people buy it because it IS an iPhone. Apple could make it out of gravel and people would still buy it. Now the big hurt here would be LTE. There is no LTE iPhone (released or officially announced) yet and we know what a burden LTE can be on the battery, so a non-removable battery on an LTE device where nearly everyone wants extended batteries, it may be a harder sell (not for the iPhone, as everyone will still buy it because it is what it is).

I think Moto could get away with it if they managed to fit an 1800mAh or larger lithium polymer battery in there and offered an extended battery that somehow clipped or attached to the back of the phone like a piggyback battery, but was styled to match and was super thin. Until we get a rear view of the actual phone, it will be hard to tell what they have planned.

loki993

Reaction score
I do figure it will come out by the holidays unless Moto or Verizon run into a snag. They may also want to hold the release a little bit since the Bionic just came out. The screen and build all sound awesome as Moto knows how to build a high quality phone when they want to.

As for the battery, sure the internal battery has not hurt iPhone sales, but people don't buy the iPhone for the features. Most people buy it because it IS an iPhone. Apple could make it out of gravel and people would still buy it. Now the big hurt here would be LTE. There is no LTE iPhone (released or officially announced) yet and we know what a burden LTE can be on the battery, so a non-removable battery on an LTE device where nearly everyone wants extended batteries, it may be a harder sell (not for the iPhone, as everyone will still buy it because it is what it is).

I think Moto could get away with it if they managed to fit an 1800mAh or larger lithium polymer battery in there and offered an extended battery that somehow clipped or attached to the back of the phone like a piggyback battery, but was styled to match and was super thin. Until we get a rear view of the actual phone, it will be hard to tell what they have planned.

Apple could make a turd, call it icrap and they would sell a million.

That does make sense. Yeah well lets just hope that's a nasty rumor and Moto comes to its senses

ABQNM

Reaction score
Funny thing about iCrap... There is an approved itunes app called, you guessed it, "iCrap." This magical app will calculate how much crap you have expelled in your lifetime. I guess we should just enter 4/1/76 and see how much crap Apple has produced... My guess is the number will be a little lower than reality. App Store - iCrap
And a wonderful web graphic (I believe this came around the time of the iMac):

icrap.jpg