Motorola KORE is Name for Fitness Devices, Not Tablets

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
motorola-active-gps-1311786779-550x380.jpg

After a bit of speculation following a round of domain purchases by Motorola, we can finally get an idea of what the Motorola KORE is – it isn’t a tablet, in case you were wondering. New trademark filings describe the KORE to be a fitness monitoring device, likely the same one they have been surveying consumers about for a bit of time. Here is the full description for the trademark filing:

"ELECTRONIC NON MEDICAL PORTABLE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY MONITOR AND FITNESS DEVICE FOR MEASURING MOVEMENTS, INDIVIDUAL’S ENERGY EXPENDITURE AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY LEVEL AND ACCESSORIES THEREFORE, NAMELY, HEADPHONES; SOFTWARE FOR DEVELOPING AND MONITORING PERSONAL ACTIVITY AND EXERCISE PLANS, TRAINING PLANS, TRAINING GOALS AND GIVING FEEDBACK ON THE ACHIEVED RESULTS".

Indisputable, now isn’t it? In related news, they also have Motorola Energia saved up with its description pointing toward headphones. Considering the name and considering Motorola doesn’t really have a history with headsets, we expect this to tie into the KORE. It may be a Bluetooth headset that can communicate with the fitness watch, reading off your vitals as you run or work out.

No tablets for now, but we’re hopeful news of that will turn up sometime this fall in time for a very possible holiday launch.

SOURCE: Motorola Kore: It's going to be a pair of workout headphones, not a tablet

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
for fitness gurus like me

I'm more than excited to see what this thing can do. As a fitness enthusiast both gym and Kickboxing, I can't wait. Definately a new device for me. I will give it a shot....:)

robbo323

Reaction score
This could be great. On long runs I am separately equipped with (1) GPS wristwatch, (2) MP3 player w/wired headphones snaked inside my shirt to keep out of the way, (3) Heart Rate Monitor strap linked to GPS watch. Combining all this tech in one device would be GREAT.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
This could be great. On long runs I am separately equipped with (1) GPS wristwatch, (2) MP3 player w/wired headphones snaked inside my shirt to keep out of the way, (3) Heart Rate Monitor strap linked to GPS watch. Combining all this tech in one device would be GREAT.

Omg ur carrying too much extra weight. Lol

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

Where does the heart rate monitor go? Does it wrap around the chest our wrist? I use "Sports Tracker" to track my hikes and bike ride but this device sound like it would be sweet.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

robbo323

Reaction score

Where does the heart rate monitor go? Does it wrap around the chest our wrist? I use "Sports Tracker" to track my hikes and bike ride but this device sound like it would be sweet.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Mine's a chest strap that wirelessly feeds to a Garmin 305 on my wrist. Don't know any other way they can make one that would still be accurate. And yes, this is getting to be a lot of gear to be running around with. :)