Motorola Hardware Rocks!

ambrown

Reaction score
So I've been looking around for deals on phones since my old phone died and I've been stuck on a cruddy replacement. And it has been hard not jumping on something now even though new devices are literally around the corner (a week from tomorrow!).

But one thing that has stood out to me is how nice Motorola handsets feel and look. They just seen more well made than some alternatives. And while I always felt that the HTC phones I've owned were of good quality Motorola phones just look better!

While the Evo 4G brought kickstands into popularity I must confess I've never been impressed with the implementation since they seem to get loose over time and then just get in the way. But while observing the Motorola Photon at Best Buy I noticed how nice its kickstand was! I mean if any phone could sell me on a kickstand the Photon would be the one! It had a nice spring and didn't fall out easily.

But beyond kickstands, Motorola phones just feel a little more premium than other smartphone makers. I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy, but its nice to have quality hardware.

So my next device could very well be a Motorola handset.

What do you think though?

From my Eris (rooted 2.1) using Droid Forums

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Motorola phones are nice... they have great quality all around... so it's a great phone regardless... the only downfall I see on Motorola is how locked down everything is.. makes it harder to hack/mod... other then that..(and like all oems... botched updates.. which is also Verizon's fault...) I
They make great phone.. like you said.. they just feel like a higher quality..

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I had a Droid2 before my Rezound.
I love Motorola's build quality. Overall, their phones feel very solid and well built. It's one of the reasons I almost got a D4...but I couldn't pass up the specs of the Rezound.

I would love Motorola to get the next Nexus build.

OP
ambrown

ambrown

Reaction score
Xander Crews said:
I had a Droid2 before my Rezound.
I love Motorola's build quality. Overall, their phones feel very solid and well built. It's one of the reasons I almost got a D4...but I couldn't pass up the specs of the Rezound.

I would love Motorola to get the next Nexus build.

I like both HTC and Motorola phones, they seem to have a more premium feel to Samsung phones. Where I think HTC excels is at the software. They have nice hardware but they really make a good skin for Android.

Motorola excels at nice hardware with solid build quality and a premium feel. They used to suck at skinning Android and they felt more jittery in transitions, even with fast processors in them; but Motorola has greatly improved their software end in the last couple of years. About the only complaint is that I wish they'd improve their cameras a little to make them more competitive with what you get on an iPhone or like the HTC One series.

But as I stated above, Motorola's kickstand was a revelation to me when I got my hands on it. HTC kickstands just seemed so flimsy and have nothing to keep them in place. The Motorola Photon's kickstand has a nice spring that keeps it in place and pops out when summoned. It really makes a quality difference. And their exteriors are beautiful yet functional at the same time, they feel grippy and the textures feel expensive, even of they aren't always. I seriously think that the latest Motorola devices out now feel nicer, and look better than the iPhone. I wouldn't always have said that about Motorola, but I've been won over by them recently and have nothing but high praise for their phones.

From my Eris (rooted 2.1) using Droid Forums