Motorola Droid Screen Problem

erinbobola

Reaction score
My phone has had three issues with not turning on / the screen. The first two times the screen and phone wouldn't work, but the screen would glow, as you could see that the battery was operating, and that there were no cracks on the screen. But the home keys and physical keyboard would not glow/respond. Intially, both issues fixed themselves, the first time it took 2 days of rest for the phone to turn on, and the second time it took about 15 minutes for the phone to turn back on. Both of these problems were the result of a slight drop, less than 2 feet. Now, my current issue is that my phone screen JUST won't work. I dropped my phone today and that's when the problems started. I can get a response from my phone though. The home keys turn on, the physical keyboard turns on. I can also feel my phone unlock when I touch the screen. It's just that the screen won't turn on. It's not even glowing like the previous issues. And the screen is not physically broken. There are no cracks present. I'm not sure what to do. Should I bring it into Verizon for a replacement phone, or is there a quick fix that I can use?
Also, if I did get a new replacement phone, would the dates that are put into my calendar be saved?
I have alot of important dates put into my phone...and it's important that I get those dates back.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need a replacement. If you are using Google calendar everything will restore.

Mike

akasoldats

Reaction score
I recently dropped my phone and have the same problem... I can feel the screen unlock and can even here calls and txt when I get them. But the screen doesn't display anything... Did you end up getting your replaced or find a fix?