Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX Available Today; VZW = $299 & Wirefly = $229 On Contract

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-razr-maxx-wirefly-230.png

As Verizon announced, The Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX is available today. You can pick up this "enhanced battery" version of the Droid RAZR at Verizon on a new or renewed contract for their usual initial price of $299.99. Obviously, if you are a long time customer of Verizon, you may have some special discounts available to you that might reduce that some. For those that do not... you can save a fat $70 bucks by getting the phone at Wirefly instead. They have the device for only $229.99 on a new or renewed contract. As a reminder, this phone is virtually identical to the Droid RAZR. The only difference is that it is 2mm thicker, although is still very thin at 9mm, but that slight extra thickness comes with a gigantic 3,300mAh battery instead of the 1,780mAh on the first RAZR. Supposedly, this will give users an additional 4-5 hours of regular use throughout the day. Not bad!

Source: Wirefly

armus

Reaction score
it's bad if you bought the first Razr and are now locked into a 2 year contract with the small, inadiquate battery. I'm not paying $700 for a battery upgrade, but I shouldn't have to. Unfortunately, Verizon and Motorola aren't interested in customer support for those who bought the first incarnation.

B-Unit

Reaction score
it's bad if you bought the first Razr and are now locked into a 2 year contract with the small, inadiquate battery. I'm not paying $700 for a battery upgrade, but I shouldn't have to. Unfortunately, Verizon and Motorola aren't interested in customer support for those who bought the first incarnation.

Usually I side with the manufacurer, but this time I do feel they crossed the line. Not only is the larger battery edition here a month later, but there was no warning to buyers that this option would be coming. Many RAZR owners may be well served by the standard battery, but thats of little comfort to anyone who could really use the larger battery.