Motorola Droid RAZR HD Seems To Be Suffering From Screen Issue?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd say it's definitely an isolated incident. The issue with Moto has never been widespread hardware problems, it's been the craptastic bloatware that VZ brought to the party.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Also let's not forget Motorola didn't manufacture the display....guess who? Samsung in all likelihood. So how about keeping an open mind about this and let's not blame the phone manufacturer for a very likely faulty and defective display that they buy from a third party manufacturer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

diablo81588

Reaction score
Until Samsung messes up and they will. They all do. Vendors go up and down. 30 years ago Ford made junk for cars and now they are making some of the best out there. Not giving you a hard time...I am jumping ship on Moto also after the Bionic fiasco. Just waiting to see the Note 2 on Verizon before I decide on that or the S3. Wife has had the S3 for several weeks. Touchwiz is amazing and the phone is rock solid.

Actually, Ford is at the bottom of reliability ratings for 2012 with their junk automatic dual clutch transmissions. Far from the very best. As far as the bionic fiasco, there hasn't been one for me. The update to ICS was slow, but other than that its been a rock solid phone, along with my Droid x that my dad is still using. Can't say the same for friends with Samsung and HTC.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
razrhd-screen.jpg

Some reviewers have been pointing out that the RAZR MAXX HD may not be all it's cracked up to be. Again, judgement is in the eye of the beholder. But some are reporting smeared, kinda like when you press down on an LCD screen and see an array of rainbow colors. But just something to keep in mind before you buy... test all your choices and make sure it's what you want!

Think this will affect your decision?

Via: Pocketnow

Ah, I actually had this with mine, and my original Droid Razr. Only happened once with the Razr HD, coming out of sleep when I turned the screen on. Turned off screen and turned it back on and it was fine...

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also let's not forget Motorola didn't manufacture the display....guess who? Samsung in all likelihood. So how about keeping an open mind about this and let's not blame the phone manufacturer for a very likely faulty and defective display that they buy from a third patty manufacturer.<br />
<br />

I don't keep an open mind about things like this.. there's a lot of third party stuff in phones and its up to the company who slaps its name on it to do its due diligence.. when my "gorilla glass" screen has a scratch in it... I don't blame gorilla glass... I blame Motorola because I bought a motorola phone and they chose to add that to the product... same goes for any company whether its cars computers TVs or a microwave

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

xtor

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
Also let's not forget Motorola didn't manufacture the display....guess who? Samsung in all likelihood. So how about keeping an open mind about this and let's not blame the phone manufacturer for a very likely faulty and defective display that they buy from a third patty manufacturer.

Maybe Samsung sold moto sub par sceens for a reason?, they are competition

point of origin

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't keep an open mind about things like this.. there's a lot of third party stuff in phones and its up to the company who slaps its name on it to do its due diligence.. when my "gorilla glass" screen has a scratch in it... I don't blame gorilla glass... I blame Motorola because I bought a motorola phone and they chose to add that to the product... same goes for any company whether its cars computers TVs or a microwave

Your Gorilla Glass has a scratch because you had grit/sand/etc in your pocket or elsewhere that scraped across the screen. Gorilla Glass isn't scratch-proof, just resistant, and blaming Moto for that is about as silly as it gets. I thought I'd heard it all, but that's a new one.

acousticshade

Reaction score
MissionImprobable said:
Your Gorilla Glass has a scratch because you had grit/sand/etc in your pocket or elsewhere that scraped across the screen. Gorilla Glass isn't scratch-proof, just resistant, and blaming Moto for that is about as silly as it gets. I thought I'd heard it all, but that's a new one.

Second that. Sand will scratch gorilla glass. And yes, Ford's do kinda suck. Had a Mazda van (Ford product with a Mazda sticker on it) & it was terrible . Replaced it with a Toyota and what a difference. Doubt I will ever buy 'American' again.

xtor

Reaction score
acousticshade said:
Second that. Sand will scratch gorilla glass. And yes, Ford's do kinda suck. Had a Mazda van (Ford product with a Mazda sticker on it) & it was terrible . Replaced it with a Toyota and what a difference. Doubt I will ever buy 'American' again.

Fords keep this ase master tech in business, they have lots of problems, especially the diesel's

point of origin

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

my gorilla glass has a scratch from the menu button going across the screen.. its hardly some sand... when I'm done w this phone I won't be thinking of every single 3rd party that made parts in and out of this phone that I didn't like.. just the overall of it

now this is sillier to me... you bought a Mazda.. regardless of whos parts it had... it was their product.. they put their name on it.... in this situation I wouldn't buy Mazda's again... I wouldn't ditch all American companies for it

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
my gorilla glass has a scratch from the menu button going across the screen.. its hardly some sand... when I'm done w this phone I won't be thinking of every single 3rd party that made parts in and out of this phone that I didn't like.. just the overall of it

I want to show you some love because you're a Cowboys fan but your misguided ideas on how scratch-resistant glass works are a bit silly. I assure you the scratch you have on your phone could have occurred on any device. If it worries you then in the future I suggest you get a screen protector by Skinomi or someone else. Works quite well.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Unless gorilla glass got worse I love it on my thunderbolt. It's been dropped numerous times sometimes on it's face but no scratches. Never cracked. The back and battery seperate before the glass cracks or scratches.

acousticshade

Reaction score
sweeeeet said:

now this is sillier to me... you bought a Mazda.. regardless of whos parts it had... it was their product.. they put their name on it.... in this situation I wouldn't buy Mazda's again... I wouldn't ditch all American companies for it

Nope, Mazda MPV was basically a Ford Winstar with some slight changes & the windstar was a piece of junk. Didn't know it when I bought it though. Yes, Ford owns Mazda and does this with some of their products, hence it would take a lot to convince me to buy either brand again.

Owned Fords & never had a good one. My sister has owned nothing but GM products for years with, guess what, nothing but problems. Now my Nissan & Toyota; totally different story. So, the Mazda was really the last straw. I guess I shouldn't say I'll never buy an 'American' car, but they would need to change their manufacturing techniques and business models first and that probably won't happen in my lifetime.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Yea.....is either a manufacturing defect.....or a design flaw. I'm leaning towards manufacturing defect. I just sent in my PS Vita for a warranty issue. My screen was jumping and would only stop if I held down the power button and the PS button didnt work. I think they just gave a a new system instead of fixing it. My screen was scratched up and it looks new.

Just checked the screws and serial number, they just game a a new system...I wondered why it got sent back so fast....lol.
I doubt it was new. It was most likely a refurb. This is pretty much the standard of every company. It would take them far to long to fix and repair your specific unit, so they send back another defective unit that was already repaired. Now it is not impossible that it was new, but not that likely in my experience.

30 years ago Ford made junk for cars and now they are making some of the best out there. Not giving you a hard time...
Actually Ford is at the bottom of customer satisfaction lists at this time.

Replaced it with a Toyota and what a difference. Doubt I will ever buy 'American' again.
You might be surprised to know your Toyota has more American parts in it then a Ford, well atleast when it comes to a Ford Crown Vic vs a Toyota Camary, and I assume that applies across the board. My brother in law is in charge of logistics for a Toyota plant so I think he would know.