Motorola Droid occassionally stuck in sleep mode??

checker555

Reaction score
My Droid has frozen up twice - Nether was after a call. Both times I set the phone down, After a while it goes to sleep mode. I pick up the phone and hit the button. Nothing happens.

The last time I even tried to call the Droid with another phone. The Droid never rang even though it was ringing through the ear of the other phone.

Battery pull was the only way to get it out.

I do have the utility to eliminate the sliding bar after you push the button. I was thinking it might be causing it?
It's happened to me just once, but I've only had the phone about 5 days. It was not following a call. It was just asleep and then wouldn't wake up without the battery pull. I don't have the app you mention.

radsaq

Reaction score
I've had to do two battery pulls in two weeks. Both times I hadn't touched the phone in many minutes/hours, and so I've no idea what I might have been doing before.

trekuhl

Reaction score
i just picked this up after thanksgiving so only had it a short time.

have had this happen twice, both while sleeping. i will set my alarm, put on nightstand and then wake up in the AM (using it as an alarm) and feel like i overslept. ive been using a BB as an alarm for 6 years now never had it happen :-( i wake up and pick the droid up and see the green LED light blinking but it wont wake up using the unlock button.

i had the taskkill app on there when i first got the phone since a number of folks claimed it helped battery life. i removed that last week when it hung the first time. thought this was the issue then woke up this AM to have overslept an hour and find it hung again.

ive got the weatherbug app running all the time i may try and remove it. i put that on the day i got the phone. i also have wavesecure beta running, though i just loaded that a few days ago (after the first lockup).

is there not any sort of eventviewer/logs that can be accessed either directly on the phone or via the SDK kit, or perhaps a way to enable logging to the SD then when it locks up i can pull that out plug in PC and check the logs?

thx,

DroidFan

Reaction score
have had this happen twice, both while sleeping. i will set my alarm, put on nightstand and then wake up in the AM (using it as an alarm) and feel like i overslept. ive been using a BB as an alarm for 6 years now never had it happen :-( i wake up and pick the droid up and see the green LED light blinking but it wont wake up using the unlock button.

Of the 4 times I've had my phone lock up, 2x was while I had the alarm on. I'm wondering if there's a bug in this app (which is sad because it's one of the included apps) or if the new OTA update will fix this. You might consider downloading the "DockRunner" widget, which looks like the clock that the Droid transforms into when docked on your nightstand. There's an alarm feature on it and it might not freeze up using that app...however, you'll want to keep your Droid on the charger when using it.

Hope this helps!

ccarlston

Reaction score
check this...

I had this happen often as well when I first got my DROID and through trial and error resolved the problem by turning "off" my WiFi. It was happening on my home network (which has a NetGear wireless router). Since turning WiFi off while at home and simply using the 3G network, it has NEVER happened again. :icon_ banana:

DroidFan

Reaction score
My freezes haven't been WiFi related as I rarely use the WiFi option & don't have the key to use the WiFi at work (where is where it's happened the most)...but it was a good thought.

Alexander180

Reaction score
I'm going to say it was false cause there. Wifi should not effect it. Only times it happened to me was on 3g and I'm constantly on wifi

Mrwirez

Reaction score
Installing roms without doing a data wipe gets me stuck in the boot loop. Dump data but save apps option.. works perfect. Btw, use Titanium Backup, it is the best! :)

javaron

Reaction score
Sleep mode

Recently picked up the new Motorola Droid. Absolutely love the phone thus far, but noticed one glitchy thing that has happen twice so far (got the phone on Friday 11/13).

I have been unable to get the phone to come back from sleep mode by pressing the power button on the top of the phone. Most of the time things work fine with the exception of these two times. When it occurred, the only way I was able to get the screen to re-initiate was to do a battery pull. It has occurred either when I put the phone screen on sleep by tapping the power button on the top of the phone or when it has gone into sleep mode on its own.

I just wanted to check to see if anyone else has experienced this glitch and/or if I am doing something wrong since this is the first Droid phone I have owned. Thanks in advance for the feedback!

I am having the same problem i have to pull my battery mulitple times a hour. Sad part is i recieved a new one and it did it after the first call. I have to keep a charger with me because when it sleeps it gets stuck so plugging in the charger wakes it up