Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
My apps are getting updates like crasy so I assume they are getting them redy fr 2.1 so we don't have another 2.0.1 incadent where te apps don't work. So I think we may see 2.1 like by the end of the week.

Yeah I don't think I have a single app that has not been updated in the last two weeks or so

BigMatt

Reaction score
I sent an email to Verizon TS on a unrelated tech issue regarding video playback. I received an email reply back that said that in the next couple of weeks there would be an update that would hopefully fix my issue.

I was excited but apprehensive. Ill see it when I see it. Especially when I replied back asking for more details and received nothing back but the sound of crickets chirping.....
:motdroidhoriz:

baniels

Reaction score
I'm not sure how the app developers would know any more than us about a definitive release date.

Humpa

Reaction score
My apps are getting updates like crasy so I assume they are getting them redy fr 2.1 so we don't have another 2.0.1 incadent where te apps don't work. So I think we may see 2.1 like by the end of the week.

Interesting theory and as good as any other I have heard.
except that those dev's certainly don't know anything we don't know. ;)

Kineo

Reaction score
I'm not sure how the app developers would know any more than us about a definitive release date.

Maby they wernt told the exact releace date but were told that the apps have to work by so and so date so we can releace 2.1. I would think they would be told to be done like by the end of the week or something like that. Then it would be pushed right after that.

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
okay.. this really is like beating the horse.... 2.1 is obviously coming the next couple weeks (well. everyone has been saying this for MONTHS) but anyways... who cares... like. idk. i was all hyped up about it. and now... im running simply stunning v1.0.2. and its AMAZING. i dont know if i will go to 2.1 i have live wallpapers. 2.0.1 launcher. nice blue glass theme. overclock up to 1.25ghz. its really good.

but for the nonrooted folks.... hope it comes soon.

Kineo

Reaction score
okay.. this really is like beating the horse.... 2.1 is obviously coming the next couple weeks (well. everyone has been saying this for MONTHS) but anyways... who cares... like. idk. i was all hyped up about it. and now... im running simply stunning v1.0.2. and its AMAZING. i dont know if i will go to 2.1 i have live wallpapers. 2.0.1 launcher. nice blue glass theme. overclock up to 1.25ghz. its really good.

but for the nonrooted folks.... hope it comes soon.

I would love to do that to my droid but I'm wating till the offical 2.1 comes out so that there will be less buggs in the root

Humpa

Reaction score

Maby they wernt told the exact releace date but were told that the apps have to work by so and so date so we can releace 2.1. I would think they would be told to be done like by the end of the week or something like that. Then it would be pushed right after that.
lol ... if any info was leaked to dev's, then obviously we would've heard about it. The million or so android dev's aren't getting any special info. ;D

Magdroid

Reaction score
Nothing else to talk about if you are one of "us". By "us" I mean a Droid owner who has yet to root his phone. You know, the ones that have been waiting for 2 months to get this update. The ones that keep getting disappointed, and seeing things like Google Earth roll out, and we can't touch it unless we go through a back APK file with Astro. Just a shame. I am still holding off from rooting my droid, but I don't know how much longer. This "Soon" thing..isn't turning out to be very soon at all.

Sethdood

Reaction score

Interesting theory and as good as any other I have heard.
except that those dev's certainly don't know anything we don't know. ;)

Sure they do: they know that the nexus ones exists and is on 2.1 so they want all their **** to work on it. That's why we've been getting all these app updates.

I have to say, I was pissed that we've been being left in the dust with a lot of things- We have Verizon's flagship phone, we have Motorola's current flagship phone as well, but we have Google's afterthought. So, their baby the Nexus One comes out with all these things and then we get them whenever the hell they get around to it, but then I realized that we are at an advantage with this phone:
They sold the more Droids then Nexus One. Google's android platform has to perform well on this phone otherwise they're in trouble, they're seeing now that more people are exposed to android from the Droid then from the N1, so we're going to see more stable builds and less experimental **** rolling out of labs. We also get the collaborative efforts of three giants instead of one- Moto has a say in the software, Verizon has a say in everything relating to the networking (could be for better or worse, we'll see), and Google has to make everyone happy. This is why we're seeing a delay in our 2.1 update. My bet is going to be it's because one of those three companies want something difficult and worthwhile included in it. We'll know when we see it, I sense a delightful surprise on the way.