Motorola Droid Limit Number of Rings / Vibrate

infatti

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app that limits the number of rings for an incoming call??

I keep my phone on vibrate for everything. Like most people, I keep it in my pocket so no need for ringtone. It really bugs me when it keeps vibrating and vibrating! That defeats the purpose of keeping it in my pocket on vibrate. Vibrate once and stop, thats what I want.

Any help appreciated! :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app that limits the number of rings for an incoming call??

I keep my phone on vibrate for everything. Like most people, I keep it in my pocket so no need for ringtone. It really bugs me when it keeps vibrating and vibrating! That defeats the purpose of keeping it in my pocket on vibrate. Vibrate once and stop, thats what I want.

Any help appreciated! :)

Have you tried pressing the power button? I'm not certain but I think that will stop the vibration. Or you can swipe it to the left to send it to voice mail.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Down Vol on the Rocker seems to work.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
That defeats the purpose of keeping it in my pocket on vibrate.
For you. You're not the only person using the Droid and not everyone uses vibrate with the same intent. If it did what you wanted someone else would be complaining that it vibrated only once.

It sounds like you really want an app to change the behavior of the vibration -- assuming that you don't want to manually stop it after the first.

slinky

Reaction score
The OS should control vibrate/rings and number of each. It's ridiculous it doesn't... neither does the STeve Jobs version.

flores7899

Reaction score
See and I want an APP that has it vibrate more then once. Anyone know how I can get that. I have the new Devour though? Please help!

dmo580

Reaction score
That defeats the purpose of keeping it in my pocket on vibrate.
For you. You're not the only person using the Droid and not everyone uses vibrate with the same intent. If it did what you wanted someone else would be complaining that it vibrated only once.

It sounds like you really want an app to change the behavior of the vibration -- assuming that you don't want to manually stop it after the first.

Agreed. I like being able to stop vibration. I went 2 years with an N-series and sometimes I'd let it ring and ring. My boss woudl tell me to pick it up but I'd have to tell him it's fine because I knew who was calling and there's no reason to interrupt a meeting with it. But it'd be more annoying if they called back and stuff (my mom doesn't learn to text when it counts!). I finally learned that to stop it from vibrating I'd have to go to "Send Text Message" like a "Sorry I can't pick up" template and it'd stop vibrating... that or just flat out reject the call (something I didn't want to do). I'm glad the Droid lets me shut off vibrating. I just reach in my pocket, tap a button and everyone in the room won't hear my pocket vibrating anymore..