Motorola Droid HD shows it's HD head one more time

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid-hd-verizon-600x310.jpeg

Rumors of the Droid HD have been floating around the interwebs for over a year now. I know, because we had plans to launch DroidHDForums.com nearly a year ago! While our initial thoughts led us towards HTC claiming the Droid HD as a Droid Incredible HD. It now appears Motorola might have locked down the "Droid HD" name. Yesterday we saw the Motorola Droid HD make an appearance in the cellebrite system which is normally a very accurate indicator. Today we see the device appear in the Verizon Device Manager which is another trustworthy source sporting a 4G label. Could this be the Droid Verizon and Motorola hope to rule the Holidays with? Maybe this will be the Droid to throw blows with the iPhone 5? First Motorola Device with Ice Cream Sandwich? Let us know your thoughts!

Source: Droid-Life

UNC

Reaction score
I am willing to bet that it is a Droid 3 with a 720p screen and LTE. Maybe 1.2-1.5ghz.

Remember Droid 2 -> D2G?
History repeats itself again.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am willing to bet that it is a Droid 3 with a 720p screen and LTE. Maybe 1.2-1.5ghz.

Remember Droid 2 -> D2G?

If that's true I know some people who would be upset, the D3 should have been an LTE device

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

TyrantII

Reaction score
If that's true I know some people who would be upset, the D3 should have been an LTE device

Maybe. But then again the LTE radios are still new, and are power hungry*. Plus, the higher resolution screen would negate the power usage advances the D3's screen brought.

I'm of the mind that I like to take my device with me and use it through the day from calls, finding places (map/net), mobile social network updates and pictures. HD media is a very far thought of what I want for my phone. I also don't want it to die after a few hours heavy use when I'm relying on those things.

After my last update I'm seeing 24-32 hours up time with my extended battery on my D3. It's incredible, for the performance I'm getting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

The Droid X2 should have been too. In fact the Bionic is what the DX2 should have been simply put.

MECHANO

Reaction score
I notice that the HD isn't global, however. The D3 is. Plus, the leaked images of the HD looked nothing like the D3 (angular top/bottom, no keyboard, super-thin).

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

coreymm324

Reaction score

Remember Droid 2 -> D2G?

not sure i agree, as there have also been talks of a Droid 4 on the way. also, the pictures that have recently been associated with the "Droid Hd" name dont look like it has a keyboard at all. imo, it looks like a bigger, thinner Photon 4G

who knows though, maybe im wayy off

jerroedr

Reaction score
so whats going to be better? the hd or the prime?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
so whats going to be better? the hd or the prime?
Better is a matter of opinion. The Prime will have ICS, a rumored 4.65" screen, and be built by Samsung. This on the other hand probably won't have ICS, a 4.3" HD screen (I don't believe it's 4.5" judging from the comparison shots we saw of it next to the Bionic), slim form, 4G, and Motorola build quality. All depends on your preference.

UNC

Reaction score

I was one of the people saying that ALL new "Droid" branded devices should be LTE. It doesn't make sense NOT to have the radio, the more LTE units sold, the less each individual radio costs, also it would give VZW a huge marketing edge (imagine: VZW-Most 4g options available). Just make sure to load em all up with 2250mah batteries!