Motorola Droid deleted all texts...

Kalivos

Reaction score
I turned my phone off for about 30 minutes, turned it back on...and all of my text messages are gone. Including my locked ones. Anyone else had this happen, know why it happens? Chance of recovering them?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I turned my phone off for about 30 minutes, turned it back on...and all of my text messages are gone. Including my locked ones. Anyone else had this happen, know why it happens? Chance of recovering them?

Are you using the stock messaging app or another programs like maybe Handcent? I'm afraid once they're gone they're gone for good - but I may be wrong. For future reference you may want to look into getting SMS backup. It backs up all of your texts in case something like this should happen.

OP
Kalivos

Kalivos

Reaction score

Are you using the stock messaging app or another programs like maybe Handcent? I'm afraid once they're gone they're gone for good - but I may be wrong. For future reference you may want to look into getting SMS backup. It backs up all of your texts in case something like this should happen.

Oh, I have SMSbackup. Problem being though, it doesn't back up the images. All my texts were backed up just a few minutes prior actually. I'm just curious why it did it. Also, using the stock messaging app.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow, it's usually a third party app that does that. Let me give you a tip. Sometimes it's easier to search Google than in here because you can put in more buzz words. Google will invariably lead you back to a thread on this forum anyway. Try something like 'deleted all texts droid'. I did just that and the first result is this post with all of the other threads from here pertaining to the same subject indented below it. Try it and see what you can find out.

Also check out the Similar Threads area below on this page. Good luck!

jmilacek

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me today, stock app. Seems to happen about once a month to me. No fix, afaik.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me today, stock app. Seems to happen about once a month to me. No fix, afaik.

I believe AnneDroid mentioned that you can use the app SMS Backup. So there is a fix.:)

wuchie

Reaction score
I'm about to root my phone but I want to save all my text messages. I know that SMS backup will do this, but it only seems to be text. I'm trying to find a program that will save the images with the text it came with. Has anyone come across this?

warrior21

Reaction score
Check out sms backup and restore in the market. It backs up everything and is very easy to use. I've flashed a bunch of Roms and it puts back my messages perfectly every time. I have it set to back them up everyday at 2am. It's also free.

wuchie

Reaction score
I just checked it out and It wont' back up images to the text message. :(