Motorola Droid Boot Loop & Factory Reset a No Go

DroidBreaker

Reaction score
This is the second forum I have been on and well have not been able to find a solid solution

My droid is rooted. Has been for over a week now no problems

The problem came with Metamorph... UGH

I applied some framework res, rebooted and my clock wasnt showing
I found a file for MM to change the clock color to orange.
Installed
Asked to reboot...

The looping begins.

I had clockwordmod installed, i used it to recover my phone a few hours ago. Now all i can access is the standard recovery mode (none of those options work) and Bootloader..

I was reading on rsdlite and reflashing so I got all the drivers etc but could find no guild that was trying to do what I need!

Is this problem fixable because I feel like it is. I actually got to the setup wizard HOW idk it happened once and immediately had a force close box that restarted the phone and the loop began again.

Any help would be fantastic and SORRY for another boot looping thread.

this was my last option but with no success on previous post by people and maybe not knowing what to search for I gave in

ty
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

icemang

Reaction score
JustisLewis is right on the money. I actually found that threadthrough Search, and I was searching because my phone was hopelessly (as far as I could tell) locked up. Perhaps what you discovered would have helped, perhaps not. But it wouldn't have hurt and it might come in handy for somebody else down the line. That's one of the reasons good forums become "Online Communities" - people look out for each other and take the extra step to share the knowledge. I'm not yelling at you, I'm just saying.

edit: p.s. I ended up having to take my phone to the Verizon store after two days of trying different things and massive frustration. Not exactly sure what they did but they erased everything. I think they formatted the phone and reinstalled Android, but the guy (who was very smart and clearly knew his stuff) was not a native English speaker and I had a really hard time understanding him.

I'm just glad they didn't figure out that I bought the phone on ebay!

Last edited:
OP
D

DroidBreaker

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! Oh, wait...

do you need to know how I did this?

Well I'd like to know lol just because I'm curious :D
But I'd also ask you to share just in case anyone else ever has a similar problem and stumbles upon this thread

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

My situation was easier than it originally looked to me.
I read tons of guides on Flashing your phone like a factory reset.
Since my recovery was not working It was my only Option!

Installed RSDLite
Found an SBF For a Verizon droid

things were looking up

After loading the phone into bootloader
Rsdlite recognizing my phone I then preceded to find the sbf, loaded it and it FAILS..

I gave up from that point and didnt think the problem could be simple. For some reason the SBF file (which was for 2.1 install) didnt wanna take. I searched for a 2.0 thinking just maybe it would work. And bam it did!

From there I just rooted my phone, and Installed my back up rom and things were good to go.

As complex as I thought my issue was the reason I couldn't figure it out was because of all the CRAP on the internet that kind of made me feel hopeless. I never ONCE saw someone mention an sbf could be an issue so therefore thought I was screwed! Thank god Im stubborn and I work until I fix something or completely break it :icon_ banana:

OP
D

DroidBreaker

Reaction score
JustisLewis is right on the money. I actually found that threadthrough Search, and I was searching because my phone was hopelessly (as far as I could tell) locked up. Perhaps what you discovered would have helped, perhaps not. But it wouldn't have hurt and it might come in handy for somebody else down the line. That's one of the reasons good forums become "Online Communities" - people look out for each other and take the extra step to share the knowledge. I'm not yelling at you, I'm just saying.

edit: p.s. I ended up having to take my phone to the Verizon store after two days of trying different things and massive frustration. Not exactly sure what they did but they erased everything. I think they formatted the phone and reinstalled Android, but the guy (who was very smart and clearly knew his stuff) was not a native English speaker and I had a really hard time understanding him.

I'm just glad they didn't figure out that I bought the phone on ebay!

was your phone rooted? SORRY i didn't respond sooner lol