Motorola Droid A855 black screen and no charge. Help!

Dustin G

Reaction score
I switched a few months ago to my father's previous phone, the first motorola droid. The phone has worked near perfectly and all previous issues sorted themselves out by an auto- reboot. A few days ago I had left for the grand canyon and while leaving town, I slowly lost service in the midst of sending 4 messages so I activated airplane mode and switched to the mp3 app that comes with the phone. I used a wireless Griffin transmitter to transmit my music through the Jeep's stereo. One song got through and i tried to light up my screen and the backlight came on but it was all black. I pressed all buttons including the lock/ power button to bring the screen up. nothing. I popped the battery out several times and the same thing happens... black screen that stays lit up as long as the battery lasts and wont lock. I've tried the power and x button trick as well as the power up d pad trick. Nothing works. On top of that, the phone won't charge... it stays lit as long as its plugged in but as soon as it unplugs, it turns off. Is there any way to fix this without buying a new phone?? My next update is in September so I can't wait. HELP PLEASE!!!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
then I def say take it back to vzw to have the tech look at it. hopefully ur still under warranty/contract? I only asked if it was rooted because if its a hardware issue they may not switch it out or get u a replacement.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G