Motorola Droid 1 a855 at firmware 2.0.1 need help

toothpicks

Reaction score
I am a noob.

I have a Motorola Droid 1 a855 at firmware 2.0.1 my old one was at 2.2 and i broke it, bought one online and its at 2.0.1 I would like to update the firmware to at least 2.2 I have never flashed a phone before, could someone help me?

Thanks, I can learn and I can read but man there is a lot of old info out there.

WillisD

Reaction score
In the menu under settings look for system update click it and see if you can pull the update that way, should be under about phone

OP
T

toothpicks

Reaction score
it's too far behind to get an ota update, verizon wont do it and motorola says it cant be done

OP
T

toothpicks

Reaction score
thanks but that file says you have to be at 2.1 I am at 2.0.1

OP
T

toothpicks

Reaction score
Thank you, I'm going to read up some more and then attempt this. If I'm successful then I should be able to go to 2.2 with no problem.

Thanks again.

WillisD

Reaction score
Its real easy, just name the file update.zip(if on windows just update cause windows hides the .zip) put on the root of your sd card power off your device the power it up holding the power button+x, choose apply update.zip with the camera button and when it boots your are golden, just delete that file from sdcard before doing the next one

Last edited:

WillisD

Reaction score
Thanks guidot, I just searched the web for them, instead of here, doing this from my phone since I don't have a PC atm