Rooting Droid A855 - Ver 2.2.2

polishcrusader

Reaction score
Clearly I'm a newbie needing some direction. There are lots of posts on rooting but I'm not sure which is applicable to me since I see different methods out there for different versions. Can someone point me to the correct directions so I can 1) root my phone and 2) install custom ROMs (Not sure what one I want yet - feel free to suggest)

I have a Verizon Droid A855 - Ver 2.2.2 Build FRG83G Kernal 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5 android-build@apa26 #1

Thanks.

CharlieJ

Reaction score
There are dozens of threads on this topic... many with step-by-step directions. So, I wouldn't expect a lot of answers written out here. I will give you tips from my own experience... I rooted by D1 last week (been stock since November, 2009). I used RDLite, Motorola drivers, my PC, a USB cable and SuperOneClick. I also watched a couple videos on YouTube and read these forums. It took me like 10 minutes to root my phone. And within a few hours, I had decided on my first ROM and installed it. I chose GPA17. Since then, I have also tried Bugless Beast 0.6.2.1 as well. I have CyanogenMod7 downloaded, as well as one of the Liquid ROMs. Gonna try both of them, too.

Just do a few searches, watch the videos and follow the steps. BACKUP BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, though. It's pretty simple, especially with the software that's out there nowadays.

Best wishes!

OP
P

polishcrusader

Reaction score
Yeah, was expecting a repeat list of instructions here... just maybe a link to the right ones. There was just a lot of threads on this and it was very confusing.

OP
P

polishcrusader

Reaction score
Thanks... Looks like that worked for me. I'm rooted! dancedroid